Being a development practitioner, want to be part of a team where diversity of cultures and individual are respected while working in a composed, competent and committed manner and can contribute my potential ideas in collaboration with team members for achievement of shared objectives for materialization of strategic direction and vision of organization and individual.
Worked with Save the Children, ICMC and Islamic Relief UK during IDPs crisis in Pakistan for community stabilization projects/program with objectives to promote community collaboration, self-reliance and social cohesion by engaging various groups in activities promoting shared benefits and peaceful coexistence. The program receives multi-donor funding and supports a wide range of small-scale interventions, including rehabilitation of basic infrastructure, basic service restoration, support to livelihood development, civil society capacity building, civil society activities, socio-cultural activities, and support to local governance structures.
Carried out coordination and implementation of projects and initiatives related to the peace consolidation, stabilization, reintegration of internally displaced persons (IDPs), capacity building and overall economic development as well as assisting in project development to further expand the community stabilization program.
Worked in team for direct project management and implementation of all projects
Development of detailed project implementation plans for projects or project components, indicating key actions, milestones and deadlines to ensure that projects' goals are achieved, and services are delivered to beneficiaries and coordinated activities with external project stakeholders such as local government counterparts, community representatives, partner agencies, implementing partners, donors and civil society as required, to ensure effective implementation of projects. Monitored project implementation progress against project scope and PMP.
• Working in a team of 22 members with AFAQ as Training Consultant, identifying training needs through market analysis, baseline data and consultation with Research and Development department.
• Experiencing customization and contextualization of training contents as per local and national needs so that optimal learning of participants is ensured as envisaged in needs assessment.
• Leading the team in designing training manuals and training sessions’ implementation, monitoring and evaluation, development of materials and resources for more comprehensiveness, accessibility and of consistently high quality in education on pedagogy, curriculum and advocacy for capacity enhancement of stakeholders concerned according to updated approaches, models and initiatives.
• Established meaningful ways and means through which program participants / participating institutes/organizations can participate in need identification, individual/organizational level learning and suggestion to improve capacity building interventions in field of education.
• While understanding of humanitarian contexts and applying humanitarian principles and standards and Capacity Building principles & program cycle, achieved the targets in compliance with policies and SOPs.
• In feedback from participants as individual and organization appreciated the training delivery beyond the standard of assessment of organization of our association. On the basis of feedback letter of appreciation was issued from leadership concerned.
• As Repatriation Associate, assisted a repatriation program of 64.2 million USD with 45 staff members in screaming, verification, iris scanning, protection and monitoring mechanism of UNCHR, funded by EU and ECHO.
• Helped in designing and defining the program governance (controls) for effective planning, implementation and monitoring for repartition of Afghan refugees from Pakistan. Utilized project budget purposefully and aligned the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the concerned staff members.
• Managed risks and issues and took corrective measurements for Monitoring to ensure appropriate treatment of refugee in accordance with AGDM (Age Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming) principles.
• Liaised/coordinated with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the repatriation process for provision of assistance to person with specific needs, ensuring that their needs are met.
• Excelled the target of repatriation of 650 families per day to 1100 families per day for more than ten consecutive days while having strong adherence to protocols of repatriation. Senior management changed/modified mode and modality of certain activities of protection on the basis of our suggestive feed backs.
• As Project Manager, lead a team of 30 staff members with 3.2M USD/year, funded by (NVF) New Venture Fund for one year on education including assessment (EGRA/EGMA), Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), PTC trainings, Literacy Boost (LB) and Numeracy Boost (NB), Teacher Training and school construction in District Swat.
• Management of service delivery, including partner relationship building, quality assurance, accountability and sustainability and Planning, management, implementation, improvement, coordination and implementation of the project work plan to ensure timely delivery of activities.
• Managing project risks and transforming or resolving conflicts associated with project in order to ensure the activities are in line with donor standards and indicators as envisaged in the log frame of project.
• Established and maintained financial, administrative and project management and communication systems according to standards set by the organization concerned and was abreast of relevant initiatives, policy developments and scientific initiatives at field level.
• Develop a good and smooth working relationship with Partners to ensure the technical correctness, quality and timeliness of the work undertaken by the partners.
• Built effective and robust program implementation and monitoring system through local IPs while keeping abreast standard partnership principles and maintained effective relations with govt. private sector, communities, donors, working through local networks, build synergies with on-going programs and other donor funded and government run programs, focusing girls’ education and empowerment.
Accomplishment; Budget Vs Actual monthly meeting with partners was an innovative initiative in order to track progress and dig out the missing part of project timely.
• Actively assisted Education in Emergency Program with 25 staff with 75M USD/year funds of SEDA, DANADA, RNE and MOFA in integration with Child Protection, FSL and Health on teachers/PTC trainings and school construction. Also provided assistance in Development program, PEPAS Program for Establishing Partner and Stability to Intergraded Development, with focused on (LB) and Numeracy Boost (NB), Teacher/PTC Training, ECCE, SBDRM, CFHE and school construction.
• Developed strong Coordination with District administration/education department for successful implementation of project initiatives and lead and managed the team in detailed weekly/monthly planning and other operational staff in procurement, logistics and cash projection in support of project.
• Prepared and submitted monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain updates to be shared with supervisor and the country team on a regular basis or as and when required.
• Participated in strategic planning in education sector for adoption of modern approaches and concepts in projects and program for growth expansion and organizational development.
• Inculcated innovative approaches and good practice in project management cycle to build the capacity of stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
Accomplishment; Designed Standing Operating Procedures for construction work in schools through PTC which proved helpful in timely completion of project activity and above the marked quality of work.
• While managing funding portfolio of USD 4 million of ECHO in partnership with UNHCR for Construction of Shelters in flood affected areas of KP with focused on DRR, NFI and Shelters.
• Develop and execute a program of activities that provides the correct balance between immediate needs and the long-term impacts on sustainable development, ensuring that social, cultural and environmental impacts are addressed during project selection, design and implementation.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementation, productivity, quality, resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Guided, coached and lead a team of 20 members in identification of communities for project scope in process of flood affected beneficiaries assessment and its cross verification for shelter construction.
• Accomplishment; the targets (construction of 1100 shelters) for one year were completed in 8 months with no variation from the standing procedures of organization.
• As Senior Program Officer, worked in Emergency and early relief, rehabilitation and development projects/program with portfolio of 30M USD/year from WFP, IDB, UNHCR, UNOCHA, EC, DFID, UNDP, OIC, SIDA, Bahrain RCO, START Network, ROTA, and CAFOD with focused on shelter, protection, skills development, education, livelihoods, nutrition, food security, agriculture, vocational training and lead a team of 20 staff member.
• Contributed to the Organization’s annual strategic planning, work planning and budgeting processes, including identification of potential projects and managed the development of tools and procedures for project implementation; reporting; monitoring; evaluation; capacity assessment.
• Participated in designing of an integrated program, holistically, for livelihood, WASH, shelter, education, health and protection interventions in response to 2008 IDPs crisis and 2010 flood in Pakistan.
• Provided leadership for program/projects and support country programs in selected regions, particularly in large, complex or start-up of interventions.
• In partnership with UNICEF, one of project target (construction of 500 latrines in 90 days only through mobilization without giving any incentive to community) was excelled to construction of 1550 in the stipulated time frame.
• As field Officer, remained part of implementation team for PRDA project of RNE with portfolio of 45 M USD with focused on WASH, Education, Environment and Awareness in a consumerism of Save the Children, CWS, Sungi and Care international.
• Arranged and managed workshops/training and meetings of WASH in the field and prepared training module and process note of workshops and other activities.
• Carried out assessment on the basis of needs in the district concerned by application of modern procedure and process and to build the capacity of main stakeholders and motivate them to cooperate for WASH activities.
• Designed training modules for health and hygiene education in the communities
• As Program Officer, lead a team of 5 members on School Health and Hygiene Education funded by P&G.
• Assisted Quality Assurance Manager in developing process of developing annual work plan and budgeting forecast with clear and SMART benchmarks in coordination with the program sections, area offices and project heads;
• Developed the overall program implementation and M&E framework in consultation with project team that includes annual project and mid-term reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
• Assisted in Impact assessment of CPI projects of World Bank in partnership with RSPs and LGRD.
• Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impacts evaluation Typed documents such as correspondence, drafts, memos, and emails, and prepared 3 reports weekly for management
• Served on the social side of the Rural Support Program’s Community Physical Infrastructure (CPI) Schemes Comparative Assessment. And prepared of monitoring and evaluation report of the schemes done by both Rural Support Programs (RSPs) and Local Government Rural Department (LGRD) through Khushal Pakistan Program (KKP) funding in various districts of Punjab.
Usman is the type of person everyone just loves being around. Strong work ethic, great personality.
Usman has a unique combination of creativity, strong work ethic, and management skills.
Usman is someone you can always trust. Great values, gets the job done, highly recommended!
Muhammad is the kind of leader any company would be lucky to have. A true asset.