Associated with Safi Airways FZE (Free Zone Enterprise, Dubai) as Manager Finance Accounts, I am a professional and qualified accountant with more than six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
I have an extensive industry experience of performing and managing different kind of Finance and Accounts tasks. In addition I carried out audits and accountancy assignments of different nature clients including manufacturing, trading, services and exploration in capacity of Supervisor - Audit
Safi Airways has started its operation in 2007.Its Head Office is located in Business Bay, Dubai, UAE and its principal activities consist of passenger and cargo air transportation, airport terminal services and engineering services.
My major responsibilities as Accounts and Finance Manager are:
• Supervise daily transections and preparing a “Daily Report” for use of Higher Management.
• Dealing with banks and verifying and controlling bank reconciliation statement prepared by Finance Assistant.
• Preparing weekly report and monthly closing report and submitting these to Finance Director.
• Dealing with internal and external auditor.
• Assisting Finance Director and performing certain specific tasks assigned by him.
• Reviewing entries from Oracle Financial to ensure that these are accurately entered by finance staff.
• In case of any queries dealing with suppliers, travel agents and other third parties.
My major responsibilities as Supervisor – Accountancy and auditing services includes:
• Use accounting and audit skills to set plans and assign tasks to staff based on seniority, competence and experience.
• Provide methodologies and training to staff to ensure that they provide services and conduct reviews and verification according to plans, the firm’s policies and regulatory standards (IFRS, ISAs etc).
• Review field work to ensure that staff comply with verification requirements, check new findings and report to senior management and produce client deliverables.
• Advise and communicate with clients in regard to accounting and auditing queries.
Worked with “BDO Ebrahim & Co (Chartered Accountants)”, a member firm of BDO International as “Senior Auditor” from June, 2009 to December, 2011. As Senior Auditor I was mainly responsible for:
• Reviewing company’s internal control and accounting systems to ensure they are adequate, functional and established in accordance with policies and standards.
• Preparing and auditing statutory accounts, performing analytical reviews and highlighting risk areas for further investigation.
• Supervising the work and providing technical advice to audit team.
• Meeting deadlines by ensuring that audit budget is not exceeded without the express authority of senior management.