Position: Program Development Systems and Stakeholder Mapping Consultant - Pakistan
Reports to: Country Director, Pakistan
Duration: Up to 20 days
Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Relief International (RI) is a humanitarian, non-profit, non-sectarian agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development services throughout the world. RI operates countries across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and has extensive past performance providing humanitarian and development programming. RI’s goal is to empower the most vulnerable communities to develop lasting solutions to their most pressing challenges and to build an environment that creates permanent well-being.
Essential Consultant Outputs:
The Program Development Systems and Stakeholder Mapping Consultant will support the development of a livelihood program for Pakistan which address the needs of Afghan Refugees and Pakistanis. Decent work and sustainable livelihoods are a top need of the communities that RI partners with in Pakistan as well as a priority for donor and the government.
The consultant will investigate and develop economic opportunities across multiple sectors that include opportunities for women, men, youth, and persons with disabilities. The position will require expertise and experience in engaging the private sector, mapping local partners’ capacity to deliver sustainable economic opportunity impacts, as well as working with RI’s Pakistan staff to build their skills in these areas. Key duties include:
• Start with RI’s Systems Approach in Fragile Settings to map the systems dynamics, key actors, and issues. This should be done for at least 3 livelihood areas that have strong promise for generating high numbers of decent jobs for Afghans and Pakistanis, women, men, youth and persons with disabilities. The consultant will do this exercise with RI’s Pakistani team so they can build their capacity to use the systems approach for livelihoods development.
• From the Systems Mapping, complete a detailed stakeholder mapping.
• Engage and cultivate the private sector for business partnerships, market research, and as purchasers of products and services for the 3 livelihood areas. For each of the three livelihood options conduct outreach to key private sectors actors for potential collaboration. The consultant will include select RI Pakistani staff in the outreach to build RI capacity to engage with the private sector.
• Assess local partners and devise strategy for how RI should engage with local partners, including local communities, to advance its livelihoods expansion goals for Pakistan.
• Analyze and summarize contextual opportunities and constraints for employment/self-employment within RI’s Pakastani program using the three sectors as an example and make recommendations for other areas to consider by target beneficiaries (e.g youth, women, refugees, etc.).
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Advanced university degree (business administration, development economics, economics, or labor economics) or related field.
• Minimum 8 years’ of relevant practical field experience in livelihoods or similar programming; with at least half in long-term (more than 3 years) enterprise development or value chain development programs that have resulted in measurable increases in jobs and incomes.
• Systems Approach and value chain experience urban dominated sectors.
• Experience with both entrepreneurship and vocational training models to expand jobs and income.
• Demonstrated experience conducting assessments for proposal development.
• Track record in engaging with the private sector and brokering public-private partnerships in the Middle East.
• Experience in mentoring clients, staff and partners to build capacity in sustainable economic development programming.
• Knowledge of how to expand livelihoods for IDPs, refugees and host communities in the countries RI operates is required.
• Fluency in English and strong writing and presentation skills in English.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
9 Transparency and Accountability
9 Agility and Innovation
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...阅读更多