Job Title: Software Project Manager / Coordinator
Location: Bahria Town Phase 4, Islamabad
Timing: 9am to 6pm
As our Software Development Manager, you will:
- Reports to Director, manage overall software development lifecycle
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Foster culture of continuous software improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Build, mentor, and manage a team of web developers (back-end, front-end, and integrators)
- Manage projects the range in size and scope but are extremely strategic to the business
- Lead the support team, which handles bugs and support requests
- Communicate with internal clients about progress, deadlines, and roadblocks
- Perform daily follow up on ongoing tasks, removing roadblocks as needed
- Determine and implement best practices regarding development, and align yourself with other development departments
- Motivate the web development team and ensure it's working at maximum efficiency
- Conduct all task management activities in JIRA/Asana/Trello/Podio
- Determine and enforce the web development lifecycle workflows (code reviews, QA, go-live process, release notes, documentation)
- Cultivate operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
As our Software Development Manager, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years minimum with an advanced level of experience with full stack
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience in developing and using service APIs
- Experience with back-end product platform (PHP, MySQL)
- Excellent understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software Preferred Qualifications
- Strong technical and business vision
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and container technologies (Docker)
- Experience working collaboratively using version control systems (Git/GitLab).
- Expertise using Swagger and/or Postman tools
- Experience with AWS and dev ops would be an asset but not required.
- Implementing, adopting and emerging the new technological changes to the existing software/environment going forward for the improvement of the customer-facing software solution.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Agile methodology and/or an established release protocol.
- Advanced and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in design, development, testing, and support.
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of technical issues
- Curious and inquisitive with strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Motivated and self-starter
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years managing eCommerce projects and initiatives.