Given the large number of out-of-school (OOS) and dropped-out girls in Pakistan, ACTED has planned an integrated education program through non-formal based education system titled LNGB (Leave No Girl Behind) in selected districts of Sindh and KP, aiming to address simultaneously the physical, qualitative, socio-cultural, family/community, learning and systemic barriers to children's access.
Under the supervision of Project Manager, the education coordinator is responsible for the technical implementation, management and development of the education project targeting marginalized adolescent girls in Kashmore and Jacobbabad Districts of Sindh.
The position is based in district Kashmore to support Project Manager in enhancing service delivery at each of the NFE learning center. The Education Coordinator will build capacity of center incharges and teachers respectively through training, mentoring - individual sessions focusing effective methodologies and approaches to teaching-learning, periodic assessments and monitor their performance by using variety of tools at the NFE center level. i.e. lesson planning and study schemes, teacher guides, class room observations, student workbooks, teacher-student feedback on learning process etc.
This is a highly important role ensuring to achieve satisfactory learning progress and results at each NFE center. The role requires prudent and extensive coordination with center incharge, teachers and students with an objective to positively impact the learning process for target results acquisition.
The education coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Capacity building of teachers by developing a variety of tools (trainings, follow-up visits, classroom based observations, periodic assessments ).
- Develop teaching aid tools such as but not limited to lesson plans, teacher guides, student assessment instruments and inclusive education protocols.
- Conduct core competency technical assessment of teachers and specify recommendations.
- Design manual for teachers, community and PTC.
- Coordinate with education/NFE department members in an effective manner to achieve support for LNGB.
- Attend technical meetings and brief other team members about the progress and meeting outcomes.
- Prepare and send monthly reports of activities to project manager
- Maintain record of student progression results
- Conduct periodic teacher mentoring sessions.
- Communicate with students to discuss progress on learning and any barriers or difficulties to suggest appropriate solutions.
- Support the development of IEC materials (including reading resources, material and manuals for game/play based activities , quizzes and other learning activity materials )
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The education Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities are conducted in a careful, respectful and consultative manner. Strong attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately approached for consultation and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and related methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
1. Programme Management
The coordinator shall undertake regular field coordination visits to ensure that:
- Objective 1.2: Management of Teachers
The Education Coordinator shall ensure quality of learning activities taking place in NFE centres. She shall make sure that teachers, program staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with project requirements.
- Objective 1.3: Coordination
The Coordinator shall ensure that she regularly meets with HR, Finance, and Logistics Departments to specify/ensure that support mechanisms are responding to individual center needs. She shall ensure that procurement of all education supplies is completed in a timely manner.
- Objective 1.4: Reporting
The Coordinator shall support the project manager in the preparation of reports to be submitted to ACTED, LNGB Team, Senior Management, Donors / Authorities. She will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes, challenges, attempted-proposed solutions, changes suggested and or adopted, beneficiary feedback, etc.
3. General Functions
- Maintain and organise record of student assessments including pre and post-tests, student assessment results and related electronic lists
- Compile and analyse periodic performance reports related to teacher and student performance
- In absence of Project Manager, ensure smooth running and quality of administrative activities
- Proactively design academic calendars to suit to the needs of LNGB targets
- Ensure that all safeguarding mechanisms are adhered to at each NFE center level
- Develop clear guidelines against corporal punishment and flag any observation to project manager according to ACTED devised system
- Streamline audio/visual aids and ensure its best utilization at each NFE center level
Objective 3.3: Facilitation
The Coordinator is expected to facilitate training sessions and programme coordination meetings by translating and/or leading discussions. Moreover, she shall be in a position to present ACTED’s programmatic strategies and activities in township NGO fora or for Local Authorities.
Ø Post graduate / master’s degree in education (M.Ed. etc.) or other related social science area with over 07 years of professional experience.
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience in supporting the development of teaching/ learning materials/aids, desirably for non-formal learning usage
- Strong experience in training and capacity building of teachers / trainers
- Good experience in organizing student assessment processes, exams conduction at multiple locations/schools
- Good understanding of classroom based observation mechanisms
- Good understanding of child safeguarding/protection issues in Pakistan. Particularly for girls.
- Previous experience of working in Non-Formal education sector of Pakistan is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, motivation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Sindhi language is must, with good writing and speaking ability in Urdu and English
· ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
· ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
· Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
· Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More