We are on the lookout for a talented, highly motivated Quality Assurance and testing automation engineer for our mobile applications with excellent experience in developing and delivering End to End, System Test Plan, UAT (User Acceptance Test) plans & Strategies by learning all our Products & Services, execute and automate those tests in the field through functional, integration and load/stress testing. Develop Automated & Load/Stress Tests with software and tools available.
We are looking for that engineer that enjoys building smart software solutions which engage with hardware systems as well as make apps and their user interfaces a delight for their friends and family.
Who/What is OWLR?
OWLR started out as a IoT play, building out a mobile middleware platform to connect all of the wearables and IoT things (e.g., SmartThings, iBeacon, etc).
We discovered a LARGE market of people who want to use their home IP cameras safe and their own, without having a corporation having the keys to their home. They want control over their own safety and privacy.
OWLR is the solution - bringing control and awareness to our user’s fingertips.
Our team is diverse, skilled and passionate - lead by a crazy American from Silicon Valley and New York City. We come from Cape Town, Brasil, India, South Korea, Pakistan and England - just to name a few places.
We are are building tools that allow regular people to do what they want without needing to understand the tech. We are focused on giving them control and getting the tech out of their way.
Who are we looking for?
In our team, we expect you have a a good understanding of mobile app testing and also how to automate test the test cases to improve quality of the app and to reduce testing time. You should understand and explain how basic networking works - and have a taste for learning (or asking about) what you do not know. You should be as comfortable building testing plans, test cases and automating them both for iOS and android apps.
And since we all have a strong enthusiasm for robotics, microcontrollers and the low-level architectures, you should feel comfortable exploring this realm as well.
At OWLR, this is your chance to grow and build our user’s best product. As a team member on the iOS and Android product, YOU are an integral part of our team since you are our flagship product - focusing on both form factors (iPads/tablets and iPhone/Android phones) and individual uses (which is around video, wearables, curation and Internet-of-Things concepts).
It will be your responsibility to deliver an automated testing platform which will regularly test each build or update that we develop for our product that is in the hands of your friends and family in time; and is right now being used passionately by over 1.5M+ people around the world.
You will be developing at a fast-pace, focusing on continuous delivery, integration and ensuring that the apps we deliver are well tested and fulfilling the promise of delivering video at the right time and the right moment (don’t you just hate this kind of blah-blah-blah, but really enjoy actually doing this?)
- Designing and creating automated testing framework
- Be able to understand iOS/android frameworks and OOP concepts
- Able to explain and use networking tools
- Understand TCP/IP and UDP concepts and how to address them
- Write code that is highly cohesive and loosely coupled
- Testing of mobile applications including android and iOS across varied devices/platforms
- Consult with engineering teams to understand system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system (while also being able to contribute when requirements are more ambiguous)
- Execute test plans and create test reports
- Maintain a database of known defects Collaborate with Developers and Engineers on solutions for defects
- Manual & Automation testing experience
- Knowledge of state of the art testing techniques
- Creating test plans and executing them
- Prioritizing test-automation
- Strong Objective-C and Swift programming experience
- Strong C or other lower-level programming experience
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Agile environment experience
- Basic knowledge of Swift(iOS) and Kotlin(Android)
- Hardware/embedded systems/microcontrollers enthusiasm
- Video streaming experience (RTSP, WebM, etc)
- CoreAudio and Socket communications
- Strong knowledge of GCD and asynchronous programming techniques
- Solid commercial experience around developing iOS apps, ideally having published 2-3 for yourself or for your clients
- 3+ years of app application development/automated testing
- Developing in at least one other major programming language
- Keeping up-to-date with new languages and frameworks
- Unit and functional tests (XCTest and KIF preferable, open to other suggestions)
- Comfortable in modern distributed source code management systems (we use github)
- Continuous Integration tools and methodologies