Shall be responsible for actions taken and decisions made concerning patients under his/her care. Shall be responsible for teaching, educating and guidance of his/her junior staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall perform diagnostic or therapeutic invasive procedures for which he/she is specifically privileged according to his/her training and experience for his/her evidence-based medical practice.
- Responsible for documentation of all orders, progress notes, dated, time and signed.
- Shall supervise patient care and other services provided by himself/herself and his/her junior staff.
- Advises respective specialists, general practitioners and other physicians on various medical issues.
- Reviews current and historical assessments by other staff physicians to determine medical solutions to health problems and adherence to guidelines and procedures.
- Shall contribute to the development of departmental policies, rules, regulations and programs.
- Shall perform daily rounds, update progress notes or countersign residents’ notes.
- Shall provide a dependable back-up third on-call on his/her assigned duties.
- A medical consultant may present information to hospital management, staff, doctors and other medical personnel as well as outside medical entitles in the form of written reports, group meetings and presentations.
- A consultant has the responsibility to stay informed concerning the latest research and technological developments in the medical profession in order to provide critical information to their peers.
- Has the responsibility to provide patient and family education and practice patient’s rights.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities, Hospital Fire and Safety Programs, Disaster Plans, and other patient care programs established by the hospital requirements.
- Shall attend all the continuous medical education, scheduled or non-scheduled (minimum 80 % attendance yearly is mandatory).
- Shall apply the departmental policies and procedures for every case and every hospitalization.
- Shall request for consultation from other specialties, either inside or outside of the hospital
Education/ Licensure / Certification
- Should be a graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Should have completed and appropriate internship and residency requirements.
- Should hold recognized post graduate degree (Arab Board, American Board, Canadian Board, Royal College Membership or Fellow-up, FACHART, King Faisal Fellowship, King Saud University Fellowship, Ph.D. or equivalent).
- Shall have at least 5 (five) years of practice in his/her specialty post higher degree.
Technical Requirements / Additional Skills
- Must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of competence.
- Preferable should hold a subspecialty degree or have a structure subspecialty training.
- Preferable he/she should have a prior teaching experience.
- Good Health
- Adequate knowledge and skill.
- Requires prolong walking and standing tolerance
- Dedicated to work. May consider extended working hours including weekend and holidays.
- This Job Description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at any time in consultation with the employee or the demands of the organization.