The PMO Project Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Manager, PMO and be responsible for supporting the PMO function. The role is an essential interface between the PMO, IT, support departments and key stakeholders to manage and communicate status of all IT projects. The incumbent will work closely with the business users to understand the requirements and scope of projects and help to develop project plan solutions to meet these requirements.
- Sharing relevant documentation and reports with project teams
- Providing information and regular support to stakeholders
- Being point of contact for various working groups
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, outcomes
- Ensuring resources and equipment are always available
- Understanding formal escalation and review processes
- Providing support to project managers and business leaders when requested
- Thorough project documentation
- Creating and reviewing of reports
- Knowledge of industry best practice
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Scrum Master and Product Owner in to host project meetings, provide coordination and logistics for meetings and manage project schedules and calendars.
- Monitor and lead quality improvement to ensure an adequate level of quality is assured in the delivery of projects.
- Monitor and update the project plan, tasks and activities ensuring project deliverables are completed on schedule.
- Assist in managing the financial requirements of the project. Work closely with the Accounting team to monitor contract cost performance and proactively communicate any budget or resource limitations.
- Maintain complete project files ensuring adequate documentation is maintained such as: original as-bid budget, EAC, Statement of Work (SOW’s), project closeout documentation.
- Manage project deliverables, contract award and modifications, status of billed and unbilled revenues, and project backlog.
- Develop and maintain project documents during the project life cycle
- Demonstrate understanding of all contract documents including proposed, contract documents, modifications, as well as subcontract documents and can communicate those out to the project team as needed.
- Implement communication plans, including using online tools for communications.
- May perform additional duties assigned.
- 4Year Bachelor in computer science or related field.
- PMP Certification or CAPM desired but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management and coordination.
- Ability to handle the complexity of the daily activities and think operationally as well as tactically.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and the coordination of multiple tasks/assignments.
- Ability to work well within a team with a high level of autonomy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.