PFB JD for Software Developer in Open Source department
Software developers (or computer programmers) are the brains behind the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems.
Much more than just playing around with codes, if you work with software you'll play an important part in making a business more efficient and helping to provide a better IT services.
You might be responsible for the replacement of a whole system based on the specifications provided by an IT analyst, but often you'll work with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing network. The skill in this is creating the code to link the systems together.
As a software developer, your list of tasks can include:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programmed codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
Knowledge of programming skills is a prerequisite. However, the particular language will depend on the requirements of the specific company. Among the skills employers will look for are:
Knowledge of programming skills are a given if you want to get into software development. You'll need to be comfortable with web-based programs, as well as traditional programs like Java and Visual Basic.
- The key skills to play up when you're looking for a job as a software developer are as follows:
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently as well.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
Ability to use one or more development language
Ability to use one or more development frameworks and OpenSource CMS
- Framework: CodeIgniter, Zend, Yii, CakePHP, MVC, Symphony, Doctrine etc...
- OpenSource CMS: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, OpenCart, OsCommerce, WebCalendar etc.
Ability to use one or more databases
- Postgre SQL
- NoSQL Databases
Front end development languages
- HTML 4.01 and HTML 5
- CSS 2.0, CSS 3.0 and Bootstrap CSS
- JQuery, jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile
HRT expertise is in the provision of providing finest recruitment solutions and collaboration of the sheer talent of Pakistan with scrutinizing enterprises of Pakistan. Being one of the best in the business we understand the shortcomings of industries operating in Pakistan and all the current dilemm ...Read More