The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) was founded in 1992 in Silicon Valley by a group of successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and senior professionals with roots in the Indus region. There are currently more than 13,000 members and over 2,500 charter members in 63 chapters across 17 countries. TiE’s mission is to foster entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, networking, and education. Dedicated to the virtuous cycle of wealth creation and giving back to the community, TiE’s focus is to generate and nurture our next generation of entrepreneurs. This global powerhouse has helped to start hundreds of companies and generated over 200 billion dollars in Venture Capital, a figure that even surpasses the GDP of some countries.
- TiE Islamabad seeks an imaginative and dynamic female leader to direct its women entrepreneurship programming, including community development, promotion and mentor networks.
- The position will mainly be responsible for leading and scaling WECREATE (Women’s Entrepreneurial Center of Resources, Education, Access, and Training for Economic Empowerment), the country’s first and premier physical entrepreneurial community center for women. The WECREATE project is specifically designed to advance gender equality in entrepreneurship through a portfolio of programs, business modeling tools and events created to address the barriers faced by women seeking to start and grow their businesses.
- This full-time Administrative and Professional Staff position reports to the Executive Director and engages a diverse group of constituents (including female entrepreneurs, mentors in a variety of fields, donors, advisors, and staff) to develop aspiring female entrepreneurs and existing women business owners, grow mentor networks and enhance Pakistan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- We are searching for candidates that aspire to live these traits and lead programs. TiE Islamabad is looking for the following attributes from Program Manager candidates.
- Get it done attitude with a the high degree of motivation and energy. Doers with a record of productivity and impact.
Passion for the women economic empowerment:
- Candidates are driven by the importance of the TiE’s mission to empower any women, from any background or education level to start and grow their own business.
Ability to Accept and Motivate Others:
- A keen ability to attract and inspire others including advisory board members, mentors, entrepreneurs and volunteers.
- Lead with a Servant Heart: What we like to call, “Give it away to get it back.” A focus more on what you can give to others rather than what you can get from others or TiE.
- Deals Well with Conflict: Handling adversity with grace is a key to success. Taking constructive criticism with a positive attitude and not personally
- Ability to build and lead a team.
Think Strategically and Implement Tactically:
- An ability to see the big picture while being able to implement tactical plans effectively to move the TiE’s mission forward.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, including events and funding proposals
- An ability to actively receive input and listen to many viewpoints while suspending judgment and inner thinking.
Never Ever Give Up Attitude:
- Do not let obstacles or challenges stand in your way and can preserver through difficult times with grace.
- Knowledge of local entrepreneurial eco-system and key players and stakeholders involved is not essential but will be an added bonus.
Good Planner and Organizer:
- Ability to organize and plan events (training, workshops, etc) and programs independently
- Ability to identify target group for activity and think and implement ways to reaching out to the target group
Project Profile Preferences:
- Experience of working in entrepreneurial ecosystem;
- Experience of working in women economic empowerment projects;
- Implementation of training programs;
- Event management;
- Track record of leading initiatives independently and making them sustainable.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is must.
- Initiate new programs and manage current programs to achieve the sustainability goals of the projects.
- Liaison with Industry, corporate, developments sector organizations and other stakeholders
- Building a database of startups and mentors
- Planning and initiating training programs
- Arranging events