Job Title: Manager Admin and Security
Department: Admin/Security & IT
Reports to (title): Country Director
Direct Reports (titles): Admin & IT Officer
Travel: In WaterAid Pakistan interventions areas and internally when required
Clean water, decent toilets and hygiene are three essentials that help people lead dignified and healthy lives. They should be normal for everyone, but for millions of people they are not. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere within a generation.
For more information, please visit www.wateraid.org
Purpose of Role
The Manager Admin and Security is responsible for managing all the admin/security and IT related functions in an outstanding manner to support CP team in executing all it plans through providing effective and most efficient admin/security and IT functional support.
The Manager Admin and Security would be the lead person to ensure that the office management/logistics support, security of the staff and IT are always performing to fittest level and s/he provides the SMT the guidance and support to manage operations through most efficient means.
Being the custodian of the Admin/Security and IT policies ensure that all the policies and processes outlined in the relevant documents are meticulously followed and interpreted in the best interest of WA while performing the following functions:
1. Design and develop smooth operational affairs:
· Ensure comprehensive procurement systems for various requirements including routine affairs and unforeseen emergencies, public tendering( including international tenders), project based procurements, phase in/out of projects, pre-qualification process etc are followed.
· Ensure general administration processes and procedures are in place and smoothly being implemented that includes office maintenance, physical security upgrades, fleet management, equipment maintenance as per rules CP policies and manuals and where applicable WA global policies..
· Ensure most efficient staff surface travel, air travel, visa arrangements, tickets, guest houses arrangements etc.
· Ensure inventory management.
· Ensure Budgeting for everything related to role is planned and finalized within given time frame and have sufficient budget for smooth operations.
· Ensure effective and efficient event management that includes arrangement of venue and other related activities.
2. Contract Management & lease agreements
· Ensure end to end contract management for partners, vendors, consultants, service providers etc.
· Ensure lease agreements for various processes like house lease agreement, equipment maintenance etc. are fully intact.
3. Team Management, Communication and effectiveness:
· Impart management of highest level that includes key success areas of simplicity, honesty, easy to approach, walk the talk, open communication & feedback.
· Assist in recruiting, developing, performance management and retaining Admin/security and IT staff
· Provide coaching to team members as a regular learning process to improve individual performance
4. Budget Monitoring and Tracking
· To ensure that adequate budget is available to meet day to day expenses required for office management and running.
· To keep track of budget to ensure that all expenses have been captured as per laid down financial processes.
· To align budget with all restricted income related budget where overhead for admin/security and IT expenses have been provided.
5. Security management of WAP staff and office premises
· Effectively manage all security-related matters
· Develop and implement Security and Safety Management Plans;
· Monitor security environment, preparing daily/weekly security reports, identifying potential threats and recommend appropriate action for safe operations
· Ensure that all staff members and partners are compliant to Safety and Security Protocols
· Update Country Director when required about the overall security situation, identifying potential threats directly linked with WaterAid staff
· Ensure security travel clearance documentation and daily travel logs
· Interact and develop relations with Security Staff from other agencies including UN, relevant Government agencies, partner NGO's , INGOs and other forums, and gather security information from these sources and liaise with local law enforcement agencies and District Administrations.
6. Management of IT and IT equipment
· Ensure that WAP stays at the top of IT in order to have smooth and efficient operations
· Ensure that computer networks including hardware/software support, plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) are in place
· Ensure that all the IT equipment, softwares and databases are safe and secure.
· Manage hardware and software licensing agreements.
· Administer WAP’s web servers and web environment and provide maximum connectivity, including daily backup support
· Assess and plan for availability of IT requirements with respect to staff and organisation.
· Any other task assigned by the Country Director.
· Masters degree in a relevant discipline
· Training on security and safety of international NGO
· Admin and procurement processes
· At least 10-15 years of experience with minimum 5 years on a senior management position in related fields.
· Excellent knowledge of the South Punjab, North Sindh
c) Others (Essential)
· Time management and ability to prioritise multiple, competing tasks
· Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
· Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
· Good analytical skills and stable/calm demeanour
· Able to effectively promote WaterAid’s mission values, and objectives
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust.
WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behavior, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...Read More