The Manager Academics will assist the General Manager in looking after the academic functions of the region smoothly by focusing on School Improvement including, academic development programs, student’s assessment, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of AKES, P schools in the South. S/He will be responsible to prepare short and medium term strategic plans for schools in collaboration with the GM. S/He will maintain close liaison with the Central academic team, relevant government and private organizations, volunteers, and community representatives on academic matters.
The individual will be required to work closely with Principals and Education Office South team in developing an effective system of counseling for the schools. This will include:
- Coordinating the overall academics matters pertaining to schools, particularly focusing on remote south schools.
- Helping the EoS academic team to effectively develop and implement on going professional development plans for teacher and school leadership.
- Monitoring the internal examination process and providing necessary support to the examination team by reviewing the examination papers and by contributing to improve the student’s assessment system.
- Liaising with AKU-EB concerning affiliation of schools, registration of students and changes in the examination pattern.
- Providing focused support to schools affiliated with AKU-EB
- Arranging educational seminars and conferences to share best practices/knowledge, especially by involving the IED, NDIE and others.
- Exploring new professional development opportunities and keeping the management informed about it for making necessary decisions.
- Coordinating the nomination process for various professional development courses in the country.
- Contributing as part of the management team by actively taking part in meetings and planning sessions through sharing information and experience.
- Ensuring the provision and timely distribution of teaching and learning materials to schools
- Visiting schools to provide support and for monitoring
- Helping the schools in implementing the Teachers’ Performance Appraisal.
- Helping the HR in recruiting teachers and other staff in the concerned sections.
- Meeting with community representatives as and when required
- Conducting other duties assigned by the GM.
- Develop and implement curriculum aligned with AKES, P Standards.
- Facilitate meetings with academic teams and coordinates with school leaders and teachers, for the said purpose.
- Develops a variety of special programs and classes to ensure that academically weak students improve.
- Presents information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to establish internal controls.
- Understand, evaluate, and interpret academic performance data and interpret information about students and teachers progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan (AKES,P) is a network of educational institutions that combines the operation of 159 schools and 5 hostels with the management of programmes to enhance the quality of teachers, academic resources and learning environments in Pakistan through community partnership ...Read More