Job: Data Visualization and Analytic (DVA) Design Engineer
Project: ReMOnG-KACST, Saudi Arabia
Duration: Initially for 1.5 years (extendible)
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
CoNNekT Lab is establishing a Data Analytics and Visualization team in its facility at NUST-SEECS. The core goal of the team is to apply their strong engineering skills as part of small, agile teams to design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using the most advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques available in the world today on high-performance computing environments in coordination with hardware design, communication and network engineers.
In above context, CoNNekT Lab has excellent opportunity for a Data Visualization and Analytics design engineer / architect for a contract based project position in its research and development setup in Islamabad. The candidate would become part of budding The Data Inference and Analytics group to join our engineering team. CoNNekT Labs research work comprises development of intelligent sensing and communication technologies (both hardware and software) for data aggregation and analysis from environments such as Oil and Gas Installations, Mines, Healthcare, Sports Biomechanics, Telecommunication and Networking Infrastructure etc. The hiring would be responsible to develop a complete framework as a central entity to store, analyze and visually represent data gathered in divers settings. The developed analytics platform would be built specifically to capture, analyze and act on unlimited data points enabling the decision making to provide personalized and highly relevant experiences to both researchers, consumers, businesses and key decision makers.
Responsibilities: Conceptualize, design, and implement data visualization and analytic framework that presents information in a meaningful and insightful way.
Technologies: Data Mining, Database and Web Technologies, Machine Learning, Graphical Visualization, Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Probabilistic and Statistical Analysis, Formal Testing and Verification
Background/Specialty in maximum of the following is a plus:
» Analytics » Data Integration » Business Intelligence » Data Warehousing
Skill set and Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering); MS a plus
- 1.5+ years of experience with software development
- 1.5+ years of experience with either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python) and / or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C++)
- 2+ years of experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout a plus
- Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics a plus
- Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr a plus
- Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc., a plus
- Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering
For application, send your resume mentioning job ID: ReMOnG_KACST-ANA_05_12 in subject field by 31st of May, 2012. Only short-listed candidates would be called for interview.