Under the supervision of Project Manager, this position is responsible for field management and support of an innovative project aimed at enhancing quality of rural education using mobile computer labs and introducing ICT as a learning tool.
Duties include district level coordination and communication with partner organizations and teachers, scheduling and organizing online teacher trainings and students learning activities using various IT tools; management, maintenance and scheduling operations of mobile computer lab/van; identification of appropriate areas for activities delivery and emerging opportunities, and new communities for project expansion; ensuring all activities are completed on time, and reporting on project activities, deliverables, costs, resources, issues, changes and risks; project data collection and management;overseeing maintenance of school based computer labs and identifying appropriate and timely technical and learning support for the beneficiaries.
The field project coordinator should be familiar with primary education system and issues; have good knowledge and experience using and managing IT equipment and online communication methods; be flexible in adapting approaches to local conditions; and be able to articulate project objectives and motivate the stakeholders. This position supervises mobile van drivers and collaborates with other DIL departments and project stakeholders.
Position is located in Khairpur, Sindh; reports to the Islamabad based Project Manager; consults with local staff and interacts with other professionals and learning organizations working in the same geographic area.
Project management and coordination
· Manages day to day running of the field project tasks by spending time in the field and provides coordination and management support to the activities.
· Provides timely updates to the project manageron the ongoing activities, including emerging opportunities, for effective decision making.
· Provides support to the project manager in establishing key contacts and identifying potential local partners.
· Visits schools to maintain contact with communities and structures formed under the project.
· Engages with government and non-government institutes of the area to maintain rapport building and information exchange.
· Coordinates with partner organizations and teachers to identify training needs.
- Ensures progress and relevant issues are highlighted withDIL management and that timely decision-making in carried out tofacilitate smooth-running of the projects activities.
- Assists M&E department in assessments, baseline surveysand studies.
· Liaises and collaborate with other DIL departments and local projects to ensure smooth functioning of system.
· Ensures the information is adequately managed and stored in appropriate manner.
· Facilitates and assists schools’ management and partners in developing suitable time table for trainings and students activities
· Ensures efficient utilization of provided IT resources (mobile van/school based computer labs)
· Develops monitoring plans in close collaboration with the project manager and ensuring adherence to implementation plans, high quality project management and timely implementation
· Provides technical assistance to the trainees (during online trainings and school visits)
· Provides assistance to the teachers and students during planning and implementation stages of PBL activities.
· Ensures timely provision of material required for teachers’ trainings and IT driven PBL activities.
· Provides on demand IT assistance to the teachers and head teachers as appropriate.
· Provides on ground IT support during online sessions using mobile computer van.
· Supervises establishment and maintenance of new computer labs.
· Ensures proper repairing of faulty devices through local vendors after due approvals.
· Provides weekly progress reports on trainings, school IT activities, school visits, challenges and observations.
· Ensures timely & appropriate submission of project’s local expenses.
· Collects reports, data and photographs taken during all project activities.
· Collects monthly computer lab status reports and shares with Project Manager
· Minimum bachelor's degree in computer sciences, telecommunication or any related field. Master’s or higher degree in similar disciplines is preferred.
Two to three years of relevant experience supporting education projects which includes project planning and use of IT tools for education.
Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills in English and Urdu (knowledge of Sindhi language is desirable)
Organizational and Other Skills: Excellent time, project management and related organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple and competing demands. Basic knowledge of budgets and budget management.
General: Highly motivated and versatile, with the ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, participate as an effective team member, demonstrate cooperative behavior with co-workers and supervisors at all times, and follow through assigned tasks to completion. Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, multicultural settings with all levels of an organization and with diverse external partners.