||Executive (SVP, VP, Department Head, etc)
||Sep 15, 2012
|Job Posting Date:
||Sep 7, 2012
Key Responsibilities of the Head of HR/HR Director:
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of a recruitment team/HR team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Involvement in all redundancy consultations
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline
- Conduct occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees
- Previous experience of managing an Human Resources team
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Act as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization
- Capable communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Ability to deliver appropriate information to the right people
- Ability to explain detailed legal information to staff in a straightforward way
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others
- Self motivated and self aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the Human Resource function as a whole