Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program to introduce and scale up high-impact maternal, newborn and child health interventions in Sindh Province. Jhpiego seeks suitable candidates for Program Officer - Clinical position, based in various districts of Sindh.
Program Officer - Clinical will serve as a mentor for Community Midwives, Family welfare workers (FWAs) LHVs, medical doctors and other health care providers at all MNCH/RH centers (DOH, PWD, private) and CEmONC facilities. Selected candidates will also provide hands-on, high-quality clinical instruction and inspire SBAs, trainers to update their skills and to provide respectful MNCH/FP services. Other responsibilities at MNCH centers, CEmONC centers, midwifery schools and institutions are as follows;
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with district and provincial MNCH leadership, DOH private facilities district management.
- Mentor and coach the SBAs, Preceptors, trainers in provision of quality MNCH services: assess their competency levels, identifies areas that need improvement and develop personalized action plans as necessary.
- Develops capacity building plans for SBAs, preceptors and trainers
- Supports the quality improvement/quality assurance processes for SBAs
- Contributes to problem solving on issues related to the establishment and operation of MNCH centers
- Facilitates data collection and assists in strengthening reporting mechanisms at DOH, CMWs, midwifery schools, institutions, private health facilities
- Keeps MCHIP program and technical staff informed of successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Participates in relevant updates on new technical knowledge and approaches within MCHIP/Pakistan.
- Reporting as per management/administratively to MCHIP technical team
- Technical field visits schedules will be planned with relevant department head where applicable
- Plan joint visits with other technical staff members
- Trainings and coaching mentoring of assigned DOH, private, midwifery schools preceptors and other health facilities staff like RHSA centers and FWCs.
- Additionally, program officer will be required to visit health facilities with COs for any troubleshooting when and where necessary.
- Program officer will conduct and support all the district based MNCH and FP trainings when and where needed Program officer will build capacity of other COs which include involving them in OJCs & OJTs in DOH, private and Midwifery schools.
- Visit all assigned DOH, private 24/7 MNCH centers regularly/monthly.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
- Midwife, LHV or Nurse Midwife with ability to relocate to a designated Midwifery- schools, MNCH centers, private Center and other facilities including RHSA centers and FWCs for a 6 – 12 month period to provide intensive on-the-job clinical mentorship. Should be registered with the Pakistan Nursing Council and member in good standing with the Midwifery Association of Pakistan if applicable with 5-10 years of experience
- MBBS , Post-graduation and Registered with Pakistan Medical and dental council three to five years of clinical experience in full scope MNCH/FP with recognized proficiency in clinical and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated community leadership with potential to serve as a strong role model for SBAs, preceptors and trainers.
- Willingness to participate in knowledge and skills updates.
- Knowledge of competency-based training approaches preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate in Sindhi language.
Note: Only shorted listed candidate will be consider for the interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.