To produce PHF INGO Documentaries showcasing humanitarian/development sectors covered and overall combined footage of INGO work in Pakistan
Terms of reference
15th September 2016
Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF) represents 60 International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs) delivering humanitarian assistance and development projects in Pakistan. It is an independent coordinating forum that supports and facilitates the work of INGOs to effectively address the humanitarian and development needs across Pakistan. The member INGOs operate independently from political, economic, military or other objectives. PHF operates in a spirit of transparency, impartiality and cooperation, as defined by its vision, mission, and mandate.
Objectives of the project
Reasons for the project
The PHF INGO documentaries will build on the PHF photography exhibition launched on 25th February 2016 “Taking Action Together – Pakistan’s international non-governmental partners supporting stronger communities” and will be a unique way of telling the stories of people living in isolated and vulnerable communities in Pakistan and demonstrate the impact of a lack of access to services and the role of INGOs.
PHF member INGOs work in diverse sectors and as such we need to ensure ongoing awareness of partnership work to deliver assistance and development services in Pakistan.
In addition the project will contribute to achieving a key element of the PHF strategic framework 2014-2019 to build a much stronger understanding and positive reputation of INGOs role in Pakistan.
Duties and Responsibilities
The documentary producer selected by PHF, at the end of the bidding process, would have expertise in editing and production as the final product will be made up of existing video/documentaries within PHF member’s organisations and new footage taken by PHF members using mobile phones and cameras. The documentary producer will be responsible for the following:
· Pre-production: Develop in collaboration with PHF a script for 9 sectors including concept execution and planning (e.g. Health , education, WASH )
· Develop a technical criteria for footage/data capture
· Post production: Edit and selection of shots
· Animation: Produce all animation/graphics
· Audio production: Use a combination of text, narration and testimonials in the final products
· Ensure the selection of an appropriate voice over in collaboration with PHF
· Ensure that where possible the cultural profile of different provinces is highlighted e.g. through background music associated with geographical area.
· Web page: Create a web page to host all footage on the PHF website
· Produce a final product profiling footage of the 9 key sectors (3-5 mins each) PHF members operate within and an overall INGO documentary (5 minutes)
The selected producer would need a thorough understanding of the nature of INGO work in Pakistan, a background in documentary making and preferably within the humanitarian and development context and be flexible to changes in schedule.
All logistical costs and arrangements shall remain with the selected producer.
The selected producer will be required to develop a schedule of work in collaboration with PHF following appointment.
The said Project will be operational September 2016 – December 2016 (35 days)
- Interested documentary producers are required to submit their proposals (Technical and Financial) , which should include
Examples of work (Please provide web links if videos are on streaming websites.
List and contacts of Clients
- Deadline for receiving proposals is 23rd September 2016.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- PHF reserves the right to reject any proposal without assigning any reason.