PEI in partnership with Government of Sindh is implementing health sector initiatives with focus on MNCH with the total outlay of around US $ 75 Million over the next three years and looking for a Director of Health to manage these projects.
We are looking for a leader with proven track record of health service delivery and understand the sector well. 5 Years’ Experience in a Senior Leadership role. Preference will be given to person who previously worked for MNCH projects or with NGO’S, Donors and public sector projects.
The director of Health is responsible for the design, implementation, management, supervision of all health projects in accordance with the standards set out by the organization and donors. As a member of the senior management team, the director of health will participate in strategic planning, design, program budgeting and oversee program implementation. He/She will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible to comply as well.
Duties and responsibilities
· Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff including supervision , evaluation, capacity building and team building
· Organize and attend weekly departmental meetings to maintain effective communication and smooth implementation
· Ensure adequate and qualified staff to carry out the program activities
· In consultation with the executive director, responsible for the selection and hiring of the program employees
· Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision of all activities of the project in accordance with Standards set by the organization and donors
· Remain up-to-date on all modifications in donor standards and implementing the same in a timely and organized manner
· Compile, maintain and report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for all program activities and its progress to-date.
· Analyze trends in the program, identifying gaps, design solutions and recommend them to the executive director.
· Supervise and manage Implementation of all program activities
· Identify funding sources for PEI exiting and new initiatives with various donor agencies and institutions.
· Coordinate with various donors agencies and institutions to bring funding for PEI Initiatives
· Liaison with national clusters for various sectors to identify opportunities for PEI
· Lead the design of all project proposals including budgeting
· Lead the design of implementations plans for all programs under PEI
· Responsible for follow-up and coordination with various donors for the submitted proposals
· Insure compliance to internal finance and operational SOPs
· Liaison with finance and Admin department for smooth implementation of program activities.
· Any other task assigned by the Executive Director
· Strong problem solving and teamwork leadership skills
· Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Sound computer skills
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Access to a vehicle
· Proficient in oral and written English
· Preferably multilingual
pPoverty is the root cause of every problem in the society, has no doubts worse affects on human life. Traditional gender roles in Pakistan especially in NWFP, which remains indulged in tribal culture, define the woman’s place as in the home and not in the workplace, and define the man as the breadw ...Read More