PEI in partnership with Government of Sindh is implementing health sector initiatives with focus on MNCH with the total outlay of around US $ 75 Million over the next three years and looking for a Regional Director Health to manage these projects.
We are looking for a leader with proven track record of health service delivery and understand the sector well. Experience in Sindh and extensive relations with public NGO’S and donor agencies will be a huge plus. 5 Years’ Experience in a Senior Leadership role. Preference will be given to person who previously worked for MNCH projects or with NGO’S, Donors and public sector projects.
The Regional Director Health is responsible for managing effectively the health project in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget laid down in the current proposal and meet quality standards. To ensure that beneficiary participation is enhanced in all phases of the project. To manage and train the team and locally recruited health staff. To anticipate, plan, and share in the development of new health project proposals.
Duties and responsibilities
Technical / Management
· Develop and manage a comprehensive activity plan covering the time frame of the project proposal.
· Ensure the quality and sustainability of the project outputs.
· Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities (monthly, quarterly and final reports).
· Support the Programme Coordinator in the development of new proposals.
· Support the health sector by the improvement and further design of the technical sector on approved and appropriate health practices.
Logistics and Administration
· To coordinate with the logistics department and ensure all health project related equipment is available in a timely manner.
· To coordinate with the administration department to ensure accurate accounting of project finances as well as effective cash-flow.
· To ensure that health project stocks are managed, transported and maintained correctly.
· Oversee all staff based in the health project including recruitment, appraisal, management, general well-being, job descriptions, work schedules, discipline etc. in coordination with the Projects Coordinator.
· Provide training to all staff in the health sector (within budget and operational constraints) so as to ensure ownership and full local responsibility of all health activities.
· To facilitate regular project meetings to assist information sharing between project staff and to ensure that all staff members are well aware of project objectives and current work plan.
· To promote ensuring the standardised formats are used and guidelines followed.
· Ensure health projects are implemented in accordance with donor, field, and international standards.
· Any other task assigned by the Supervisor
· Strong problem solving and teamwork leadership skills
· Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Sound computer skills
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Access to a vehicle
· Proficient in oral and written English
· Preferably multilingual and sindhi language will be a big plus.
pPoverty is the root cause of every problem in the society, has no doubts worse affects on human life. Traditional gender roles in Pakistan especially in NWFP, which remains indulged in tribal culture, define the woman’s place as in the home and not in the workplace, and define the man as the breadw ...Read More