The Vice Principal is responsible in providing assistance to the Principal in governance, leadership, direction and co-ordination of the School affairs and high school in particular. The Vice Principal will deputize for the Principal whenever the Principal is incapacitated or away from the school for an extended period.
Leadership and Climate
· Continually endeavor to improve the operating effectiveness of the school for which he is responsible.
· Keep informed of current practices and techniques relating to school programs, teaching and administration by attending meetings and professional development conferences, and reading professional materials.
· Supervision of the school by observing methods of instruction and endeavoring to improve the efficiency of the staff and the school in general. Keep Principal fully advised as to the conditions and needs of the school.
· Suggest appropriate changes in and ensure adherence to approved policies, practices and procedures within his area of responsibility.
Program & Curriculum
· Co-ordinate and foster the development of programs within the school to best meet the needs and interests of the students. This includes the establishment, supervision, and evaluation of special education programs where a child needs one.
· Assist the teaching staff in the development, implementation, modifications, and selection of curriculum materials, and keep the
· Principal informed as to any modifications in or substitution of approved courses.
· Develop and support a high degree of student morale through curricular and extracurricular activities and services and co-ordinate the participation of all members of the teaching staff in the extracurricular program.
School Organization and Staffing
· Participate with the HR in the selection of professional, clerical and support staff.
· Be responsible for the preparation of timetable, class lists and schedules, and supervision schedules and be responsible for their functioning.
· Hold regular staff meetings for the purpose of discussing educational and administrative matters.
· Be responsible for the proper registration and transfer cases of students in the school and for the maintenance of up-to-date student cumulative records.
· Maintain or direct the maintenance of other records and files, and the preparation and submission of reports as required.
· Establish appropriate procedures for the control of all school textbooks, materials, equipment, etc.
· Promote the professional and academic growth of his staff through staff meetings, in-service training and personal contact.
· Take an active role in the selection, planning, and implementation of professional development activities for the staff in cooperation with the school Principal and HR Department.
Staff Supervision and Evaluation
· The Vice Principal is responsible for the daily supervision of the school, its students, facilitators, professional and support staff, volunteers, and personnel from outside agencies.
· See that every teacher shall be on duty in the school at least 10 minutes before the opening of the school, and at least five minutes late after the school closes or students leave the school.
· Shall evaluate the effectiveness of each member of the staff in accordance with the establishment plan and shall forward written reports to the Principal.
· Be responsible for the development and conduct of an orientation program for all teachers new to his staff.
· See that instructions are prepared for the guidance of substitute teachers.
Student Control and Supervision
· Establish a climate in which students can develop self-discipline.
· To have disciplinary authority over each student while on school premises, while going to and from school, while riding on school transport and while taking part in authorized school activities.
· To have authority over activities sponsored and conducted by the students of the school.
· Be responsible for the provision of supervision of students and student activities in the school buildings, on school grounds, while loading or unloading from school transport, or involved in field trips or other student activities sponsored by the school.
Student Evaluation and Reporting
· To familiarize himself with the general pupil progress and to assist in its improvement
· Co-ordinate and/or direct the evaluation of student progress and achievement and the provision of regular reports to parents as required by Board Policy.
Communication and Public Relations
· Maintain communications with parents or guardians regarding the total school program, student achievement, placement and behavior.
· Inform parents of the school activities through newsletters, information nights, parent/teacher conferences, etc.
Budgeting and Buying
· Be responsible for the administration of the school supplies budget for school and the safe keeping of materials that belong to the school. Establish procedures for the purpose and receipt of materials and supplies necessary to support the school program. Ensure that there is a system of accounting for funds from student activities, student fees, gifts or other funds belonging to school or to any student group within the school.
Health, Safety and Premises Supervision
· Develop and foster a sense of pride and respect for school property so that the facility is an attractive place.
· Ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard the health and general well-being of staff and students of the school. To this end he shall see that students and staff are adequately trained to make effective any plans necessary for their safety.
· Establish procedures whereby the access of visitors to the school can be monitored and controlled. This would include access by sales team, guests and former students.
· Organize and supervise patrols where applicable, make readily available first aid supplies and treatment.
· Inspect the school grounds and school buildings to see that they are free from hazards which might cause accidents and he shall notify the proper authorities of any conditions which need to be remedied.
· Report any accidents or injuries of students or staff to the Principal's Office on the forms provided.
· Conduct fire drills as required by regulations and see that all personnel within the school are familiar with all procedures to be followed in case of a fire. Fire exit signs shall be placed in each room.
· Establish effective controls governing the use of any medication, pain killers (aspirin, etc.) by students in the school.
· Assume responsibility for the general cleanliness and maintenance of his school.
· Be responsible for the direction of the work of Caretaker in the routine cleaning of the school premises. If difficulties arise, they shall be reported through the School Secretary.
· Work with the School Secretary in the planning of capital projects and the routine maintenance of school buildings and grounds.
· The Vice Principal shall control use to be made of school buildings and grounds in accordance with Board Policy.
· Strong and persuasive personality
· Exceptional communication skill both written and spoken
· Excellent planning and organizing skills
· Excellent computer literacy, speed and accuracy essential. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PAS is a world-class educational program established by AISS INC, USA which combines curriculum, technology and innovative teaching techniques to challenge our talented students. PAS, Lahore is the first, and flagship school of AISS in Pakistan. Its Head office and Advisory Board are based in New Je ...Read More