The incumbent would be required to design, manage, monitor and evaluate the programmes (primarily Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction/ Management, Resilience projects - CBDRM) in Punjab province in conjunction with local partner organisations, while coordinating with relevant stakeholders. S/he will also lead any emergency response that may be required in the Punjab province. The potential candidate will be required to bring in sound programme development and implementation skills with solid track record of coordinating with government and other stakeholders in the province.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To supervise and guide the design of Organization’s programme in accordance with Organization’s policies/ guidelines and in collaboration with local partner organisations.
2. To assist in the identification and appraisal of local partner organisations according to Organization’s criteria, processes and strategic objectives.
3. To prepare and monitor programme budgets in consultation with partners and finance team.
4. To prepare high quality reports, and presentations in relation to the programme.
5. To methodologically monitor and evaluate the programme.
6. To prepare programme proposals for submission to potential donors and Organization.
7. To manage the data collection and assessment process in the development of new projects in collaboration with local partner organisations.
8. To manage the relevant aspects of the programme according to the programme design, ensuring Organization and partner organisations are meeting their commitments under partnership agreements and as per donor guidelines.
9. To prepare Project Agreements and Memorandum of Understandings with partner organisations those clearly define roles and responsibilities.
10. To manage, supervise and support Organization programme staff using performance monitoring and appraisal tools. Identify programme staffing needs and assist in the recruitment of programme personnel. Incorporate capacity building of programme staff, partner organisations and communities into all aspects of programming.
11. To contribute positively in Senior Management Team meetings. Provide input into other Organization programmes and strategic planning as required.
12. To liaise with relevant government and non-government agencies and represent Organization in various fora.
13. To ensure timely and appropriate response to any emergency/disaster in the Punjab province that fulfils Organization’s criteria.
Organization Staff Code of Conduct
Organization has a staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Organization Staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected from them. In this context staff has the responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standard in day to day conduct in their work place in accordance with Organization’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Organization will be expected to sign the Programme participant Protection Policy and the Organization Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract employment.
Any breach of Organization Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme participant Protection Policy by employees of Organization during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.