Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Process satellite and aerial image data into high quality digital image products using the latest technology and equipment.
2) Radiometric and geometric correction of Satellite and Aerial Imagery
3) Performs Processes associated with Block Triangulations, Orthomosaic Production, Extraction Digital Elevation Model through satellite data, Orthorectification and Feature Extraction
4) Operate GPS equipment and can develop landcover/landuse classification and other thematic maps.
5) Develop land cover / land use maps by using basic and advance classification tools such as pixel, sub pixel and object based classifiers.
6) Carry out field surveys for data collection, as and when required
7) Development of cartographic maps using existing GIS and RS data for routine requests.
8) Conduct RS trainings to different project related staff, as and when required.
9) Performs related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: Masters Degree in Space Sciences / GIS / Remote Sensing / Geomatics
Required Experience: A minimum of three year of experience in RS operations
Language Requirements: Excellent communication skills.
Other Relevant Requirement/Information: Competence in the advanced use of software packages such as ERDAS IMAGINE (core module and with add on modules like LPS, Stereo Analyst, Easy Tracer, Feature Analyst), Definiens Developer, ArcView, ArcInfo and ArcGIS. Capable of working effectively within a team. Ability to conduct independent field work.
WWF is a global environmental conservation organization that aims to conserve nature and ecological processes by preserving genetic, species and ecosystem diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable both now and in the longer term and promoting action to reduce pol ...Read More