- 12 Tech is seeking a senior Security Engineer who would be working directly with our client’s CEO. As
- A Security Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to client’s customers; maintaining and
- Improving their current security posture while executing on initiatives that support fast paced,
- Performance-oriented technology organizations. This role will be responsible for managing security
- Related projects, tasks, and timelines across customers in support of their key business strategies. You
- Will be expected to be “hands on” and participate in customer calls as a technical subject matter
- Expert, helping to complete key tasks and providing technical assistance as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Planning, developing, executing, and tracking the effectiveness of security measures to protect
- information, computer systems, and network and cloud infrastructure across customers.
- Designing security strategies and engineering comprehensive cybersecurity architectures for
- on-premises and cloud environments.
- Performing manual penetration tests for web applications, servers, networks, and cloud
- Performing security reviews for cloud services, including AWS, Azure, GCP, Office365 and
- Google Workspace.
- Researching infrastructure and architecture weaknesses and finding ways to counter them.
- Identifying, defining, and documenting security requirements and recommending solutions.
- Installing/configuring firewalls and other solutions that monitor systems and networks for
- security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitoring systems for irregular behavior and setting up preventive measures.
- Educating and training customers on information security “best practices”, as well as
- implementing those in our customer’s environment.
- Performing incident response activities to support and coordinate efforts during ongoing
- cybersecurity incidents.
- Finding cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
- Performing risk assessments using proven methodologies.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- 5-7 years of Information Security experience with increasing responsibilities in lean and agile
- technical companies.
- Outstanding technical and administrative knowledge of the Microsoft, AWS and Google
- products and services.
- In-depth knowledge of security and compliance certifications (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Experience with AWS and Azure security assessment/hardening.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to solve problems in real time.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting networks and network equipment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to excel in a fast-paced SMB services company.
- Excellent communication skills with the capacity to lead and motivate others.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
Open – Role allows for remote work.