QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR
The Quality Control Coordinator ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality control procedures, in-process inspections, and finished product inspections.
QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATORS ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, reviews and approves manufacturing and assembly instructions for adequate point of inspection operations; determines appropriate documentation for inspection points. Assists with development of finished product and component receiving inspection procedures and requirements.
- Supervises and/or conducts quality control reviews at established inspection points. Verifies and maintains quality control records. Trains and supports quality personnel to assure effective and competent performance of quality functions across the organisation.
- Participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, purchasing, and test documentation to assure conformance to quality control standards. This can include review of specification sheets, production procedures, testing and inspection standards,
- Reviews and oversees implementation of production changes and related document change control.
- Makes recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures, and systems to carry out quality control function.
- Supervises tagging and quarantine procedures for rejection of in-process, finished product, and component receiving inspection areas. Authorizes rework, scrap, or return to vendor decisions; consults and reviews with Operations Director, as necessary.
- Coordinates quality objectives and feedback between internal departments and cross entity quality support.
- Prepares and reviews complaint (quality) trends. Reports serious or repeated failures or unreliability in quality of products. Recommends corrective actions or plans/programs for overall defect reductions in products.
- Performs other quality control functions as necessary or as requested.
- Must have an interest and understanding of laptop, IT and computer equipment from the point of view of functionality and quality.
Reports to the Operations Director. Works closely with Production, Sales and Customer Service. Supervises all Quality Control personnel and Inspection areas.
QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
A bachelor of degree – production, supply chain or operations. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Leadership skills and experience are beneficial. Knowledge of tools and techniques for ensuring quality (5WHYS, Six Sigma) and spreadsheet data applications is required.
Ability to communicate orally with internal departments, management, and other co-workers, both individually and as a team. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.