Under the general guidance/supervision of LNGB Project Manager and in close coordination with livelihood Aviser the TVET Project Officer (Market Linkages) will be responsable to develop the market linkages of graduated TVET beneficiaries under the following trades: Dress Making, Machine/Hand Embroidery And beautician Trades. Pass out Graduates are to be linked with relevant public and private sector stakeholders.
Objective 1 – Engage market stakeholders to create earning opportunities for graduates
· Engage micro, small and medium enterprises, business associations/ trade unions and cooperatives in the identification of occupations and occupational skill sets for potential employment opportunities and enhance performance of private sector enterprises.
· Identify specific private sector stakeholders who are prepared to identify and support potential self-employment opportunities related to above-mentioned sectors.
· Identify occupational and skill set gaps which should be addressed in order to improve employment opportunities for youth and women within targeted sectors.
Objective 2 – Link TVET Centres and link them with relevant market players
· Mobilize and support Advisory Councils formed by ACTED at TVET Centres and create further industry linkages
· Develop the capacity of TVET centers and TVET service providers to provide employment-related services to all trainees in order to support their efforts in finding employment opportunities upon completion of skills development training.
· Strengthen the capacity of staff of TVET Centre on business plan development and micro-entrepreneurship
Objective 3 – Link graduates with income opportunities and financial services
· On the job training - Supervise, monitor and evaluate internship and apprenticeship programs in order to ensure that the interns and apprentices trainees receive quality training in terms of time, access and hands-on practical opportunities during the training programs.
· Career counselling - Play a leading role in providing support, guidance and advice on possible employment opportunities to TVET centers and TVET graduates.
· Business development - Support graduates in preparing business plans for self-employment and applying for micro-finance loans.
Objective 5 – Form earning and savings groups and support female earning
· Female earning groups - Form female earning and savings groups and link them to the market, eliminating or reducing the role of middlemen.
· Female earning - Engage both men and women of the household to support income generating activities for women in traditional and non-traditional trades (e.g. computer and office administration).
· Interest groups – Form earning and savings groups where relevant and link them with trade unions and microfinance institutions
Objective 6 – Conduct market appraisals and research on value chains
· Employment opportunities - Participate in the implementation of labor market and tracer studies with the purpose of identifying economic sectors and related occupations that have the greatest potential for employment creation.
· Value chain development - Support programme teams in the development of market value chains and product lines for local, regional, national and international markets
· Reporting - Produce timely reports on monitoring giving both quantitative and qualitative data/information measuring progress against set benchmarks/indicators; highlighting program achievements, constraints and key recommendations. Produce timely progress monthly and quarterly progress report.
· Awareness - Contribute to enhanced awareness/reputation of technical and vocational education as a means to improve employment and income perspective of youth.
· Liaison - Work closely with internal departments, project partners and external stakeholders and ensure good working relations prevail.
Essential skills and experience
· A master degree from an accredited university in Business Administration & Economics, or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience. At least 1 year involvement in TVET programs.
· Experience of working in the project area and with local markets, especially in ACTED implementation areas of
· Practical experience of linking TVET with employment opportunities, value chain and livelihood development.
· Familiarity with technical areas of economic recovery and development, civil society and crosscutting themes regarding youth development programs and gender mainstreaming.
· Strong report writing skill in English.
· Very good computer skills.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with minimum supervision.
· Strong inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines.
Key Behaviors & Abilities
· Commitment to ACTED’s mandate and objectives.
· Experience working with diverse communities.
· Highly developed organizational, liaison and communication skills.
· Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a small team.
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and be administratively self-sufficient.
· ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
· ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
· Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
· Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...مزید پڑھیں