The Solutions Architect must have deep domain expertise of cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, DevOps), Web, Mobile and distributed application architecture and practices. The API Architect is responsible for application integration design across the enterprise.
- Additionally, this role will contribute to and help drive client's enterprise API strategy, including the definition of standards and best practices for design, development and deployment. API and Application Integration is responsible for the Enterprise and Solution Architecture for the domain, interpreting the organizations objectives and the enterprise context into standards and usage guidelines.
- He or she will jointly be responsible for architecture governance across domains.
- The individual in this position is knowledgeable in all aspects of distributed application architecture, including Domain driven design APIs, web services, microservices, and asynchronous event protocols and will operate as a technical leader for project solutions and best practices. Focuses on API implementation quality, orchestration design, and analytics definition within client's API management platform.
- Responsibilities include technical leadership and guidance for the API delivery and governance teams to ensure compliance with existing architecture standards, business requirements, and governance policies as well as communication across the organization.
- Communicates with management, senior technology leadership and other architects regarding best practices and the status of assigned projects and initiatives.
- Advanced experience with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Product Roadmaps, Domain Driven design and Microservices
- Deep knowledge of and demonstrable history of success implementing API Management based solutions, standards, and best practices
- Knowledge of and experience with service-oriented architecture concepts
- Knowledge of all components of application design in a high-volume, high-availability environment
- Working knowledge of service orchestration and messaging technologies. Ability to apply the long-term (big picture) perspective to tactical situations
- Ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense
- 4-6 years of deep experience in API strategy formulation and alignment with business and product needs
- Full knowledge of API management gateways in both public and private cloud infrastructure
- Expert in the development of scalable enterprise applications using Java, Spring/Play-Akka Framework, JSON, REST , XML, WSDL and micro-services.
- Experience with Swagger Editor and YAML
- Strong understanding of OWASP, SAML, Oauth SSL, Google Apigee, Dell Boomi, Snaplogic and other security tools, technologies and guidelines.
- Require Excellent communication skills.