We are hiring Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Working under the supervision of our staff, our Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyse actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. We expect you to be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To succeed as an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadow members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Prepare financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Work with bookkeeping software.
- Handle sensitive information with honesty and integrity.
- Learn how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.