The Centre for Development and Evaluation (C4DE) Pakistan was established in January 2015 as a private limited firm. C4DE’s core business include quantitative and qualitative research, training and capacity building, data collection, data analysis, third-party monitoring, and impact evaluation. The research manager hired under this advertisement would primarily support automation of processes related to data collection and analysis. Full responsibilities are outlined below.
- Perform data processing and analysis primarily utilizing Stata. This will include high-frequency checks, cleaning, visualization, etc.
- Produce basic maps utilizing R and/or QGIS.
- Develop dashboards utilizing R (Shiny) and Google Sheets.
- Develop API’s for interacting with SurveyCTO, SurveySolutions, etc.
- Develop and maintain statistical software to support data processing and analysis.
- Data collection, survey planning in Pakistan and other countries, this includes quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Planning of data collection, including preparation, pre-tests, country visits, hiring of enumerator teams, training, supervision.
- Monitoring Systems: Any type of monitoring activities beyond data collection, e.g. including monitoring of project implementation, e.g. implementation of activities of governments, NGOs, including spot checks in field.
- Maintaining a network of experts and enumerators that can be engaged on short-term basis on short notice if new projects arise (also internationally).
- Software will primarily be written in Stata, R, and Python though parts might be written in a compiled language such as C++.
- Office support and support to administration and maintenance, including IT systems
- Program questionnaires utilizing relevancies, constraints, etc. and support overall design of questionnaires.
- Management of data collection projects
- Manage data collection cycles including coordinating with field teams and overseeing data quality assurance.
- With the support of senior staff, conduct analysis and write reports.
- Support field visits, field validation, data collection in field and telephone, planning.
- Logistical support for visitors and projects
- While work is mostly conducted from Islamabad office, business travel within Pakistan and worldwide abroad is expected.
- Any other tasks assigned by Team lead / Assignment manager
- Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Strong understanding of statistics/econometrics
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a field such as statistics, data science, business intelligence, or software development.
- Demonstrated expertise in a least one programming language relevant for numerical analysis. Strong preference for Python, R, or Julia.
- Demonstrated experience using version control, preferably git/GitHub.
- Demonstrated experience developing dashboards, preferably utilizing R/Shiny.
- Working knowledge of API’s preferred.
- Basic knowledge of GIS preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of time required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience using SurveyCTO, ODK, SurveySolutions, or other similar programs for quantitative data collection preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; working knowledge of other local languages is expected.