A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already worked on Administration of various IT Platforms with hands on experience of System Administration & Networks.
A bit about us:
Network Operations Center (NOC) is essentially responsible for Supervision & Monitoring of various network functions including servers infrastructure setup, uptime guarantee, network optimization, Voice and VAS.
CHROMEIS PVT LTD is an ISO Certified and Microsoft Partner company, rated among top 500 IT companies of Pakistan. We’re a dynamic company and leads to immense opportunity to learn and excel in emerging technologies.
The structure of the team you will join is:
Sys Administration & NOC comprises of 2 Team members in total and about 3 vacant positions. The team is primarily responsible for Platform Administration and aims for maximum automation initiatives both within & outside NOC. The team reports to Manager NOC OSS & System Admin.
Essential skills must have:
- 2 - 5 year experience within Telecoms/IT Converged Environment.
- Fully Conversant with application & network monitoring tools like VMWare APG, Hyperic, EMC Smarts etc.
- Excellent Understanding of IT & Telco Platforms like SIP, IBM Tivoli, Nexge etc.
- Good knowledge of network connectivity, HA, DR, load balancing Configurations and node migrations especially in a virtualized environment (VMWare) is a big plus.
- Acquainted with Fault Management Procedures & Industry Practices.
- Deep understanding of Network Operations Environment.
- Be able to work during Late Hours & Holidays (on call) to look over critical emergency & planned activities.
- Customer Centric Approach to facilitate the internal customer teams.
- 2 – 3 Years of Specific experience in Operations & configuration of Application & Network Monitoring Tools (like VMWare APG, Hyperic, EMC Smarts) and customizations.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux System administration is preferred.
- CCNA / CCNP and other related certifications will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering.
- Certification in CCNP Collaboration, ITIL / ITSM will be a plus
Working at the CHROMEIS demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
- Provide 2nd level Technical Support to the customers over (Email, Chat, Phone & Remote Sessions etc.) to resolve complex Systems and Network issues
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of customer network infrastructure, Linux/Windows Server management including IP Routing
- Perform Linux System Administration and Network Engineering tasks as required
- Engineering & Deployment of new products.
- Participate in Pre-Deployment meetings and Solution designing
- Handling System deployments based on Linux, Virtualization and IP Networking
- Experience provisioning and troubleshooting carrier communication services including POTS, VoIP, PRI, SIP, DID, e.164
- Basic knowledge of power hardware, AC/DC, IP subnetting, basic routing & switching
- Expertise in the deployment, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise voice and collaboration platforms – Cisco Unified Call Manager, Unity, Presence, Expressways.
- Requires the ability to manage moderately ambiguous situations and requirements and make decisions based on the information available.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple tasks of varying scope and scale.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of an overall, sometimes virtual team.
- Experience in documenting technical standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes