Why Falcon IT Support
For over two decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Falcon IT as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
Falcon IT Support seeks a knowledgeable and motivated Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator to join our growing Managed Services team. The ideal candidate will have experience administering, implementing and supporting distributed systems. Solid Microsoft Server Administration experience and Microsoft (MCSE) certification is preferred. This position is responsible for support and maintenance of distributed systems, servers and workstations.
The primary focus of this role will be day-to-day systems administration and advanced troubleshooting of Microsoft distributed systems, as well as some project support as needed
- VMware vSphere administration supporting production and DR sites
- Support Active Directory in a multi-site environment
- Administer Windows Server 2008/2012/R2/2016
- Administer Office 365, including administering and troubleshooting Azure MFAAWS
- Administer Windows-based backup solutions for weekly operational troubleshooting and job status reporting
- Work with security engineers on the remediation of PEN testing/security audits including documentation of remediation steps
- Administer Windows Remote Desktop Services. Citrix XenApp for desktop and application deployment
- Provide Tier 3 Support
- Assist Tier 1 and 2 support to ensure customer satisfaction and metrics are met
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 2 end user incidents and problems
- Provide problem management and resolutions Respond to post-project technical support calls that are escalated from Level 2 or Level 3 NOC center
- Solve problems related to installation, implementation, maintenance and operations of hardware and software and related infrastructure components
- Install, upgrade and remove server applications
- Perform direct follow-up with clients regarding remediation where appropriate
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure including tracking client issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- Document all policies, procedures and standards around the build and continuing operation of servers and systems
- Manage tickets / tasks within a structured ticket management system
- Experience with Cloud hosting, computing and storage solutions (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in computer science, information systems or a related technical discipline is desired
- Over five years of in-depth support experience and a solid general understanding of Microsoft Windows Architecture — Azure, SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory (AD), Office 365 (O365) and Exchange
- Experience implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting core Windows infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Certificate Services, etc.
- Administration experience with Microsoft Exchange, Systems Center, SQL, and SharePoint is preferred
- Hands-on VMware vSphere administration supporting production and DR sites
- Knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager SRM
- Experience upgrading and troubleshooting vCenter appliances (VCSA) and ESXi hosts
- Experience deploying virtual appliances
- Experience supporting Active Directory in a multi-site environment
- Experience administering Windows Server 2008/2012/R2/2016
- Experience with the Certificate Authority role and the deployment of certificates
- Experience administering the IIS role including SSL configuration and URL redirects
- Experience administering SQL Server
- Experience administering and designing Group Policy Objects and the troubleshooting thereof
- Experience administering Microsoft Deployment Toolkit/Windows Deployment Services role including upgrading images and MDT itself to support newer Windows 10 releases
- Experience administering the File and Print role including deploying printers via Group Policy
- Experience administering One Drive for Business including Group Policy settings for folder redirection
- Experience administering Office 365
- Experience administering Exchange Online including mail flow rules and retention policies
- Experience administering Azure AD including Conditional Access
- Experience administering Microsoft Cloud App Security (primarily around responding to and configuring alerts)
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Azure MFA
- Experience administering Windows-based backup solutions for weekly operational troubleshooting and job status reporting
- Experience with RSA Authentication Manager on-premise and in-cloud MFA solutions, including upgrading and troubleshooting on-premise deployments
- Experience with the remediation of PEN testing/security audits including documentation of remediation steps
- Experience with administering Citrix XenApp for desktop and application deployment
- Experience managing servers in large corporate environments including security, security policy compliance and exception processes
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Cisco, Dell, IBM, HP, Blades)
- General understanding of supporting technologies: TCP/IP, IIS, DHCP/DNS, Anti-Virus, systems management, optimization tuning and high-availability configurations (Microsoft Clustering, etcExperience with documentation for system builds, configurations and support procedures
- Current Microsoft certification is a plus
- Requires 5+ years of Windows systems administration,
- Requires 5+ years of experience in Windows systems engineering and architecture of Microsoft infrastructure.
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, AWS or any related is a plus.
About Falcon IT Support
Falcon IT is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.