SA Engineering & Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure OS and VMs.
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Operations & Support
6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
7. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
8. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
9. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
10. Provide SA support per request from various employees and departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
11. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with concern managers.
12. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
13. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
14. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
15. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Reporting (Daily, Weekly & Monthly)
16. Routine Upgrades, Repairs and Error Reports
17. Server health Reports
18. Monitoring & Internet Usage Report
19. Performance reporting to support capacity planning.
Research & Development
20. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
1. Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer with certification in Unix/Linux and Microsoft would be a plus.
3. Hands on experience on VMs, Esxi and vSphere.
4. Hands on experience on HP & Dell hardware.
5. Five to six years system administration experience.
i3RL or as we call it “Thrill” is a young and energetic organisation. At i3RL, we pride ourselves on