The purpose of Security systems and Low current Pre-sales Engineer works in conjunction with the Sales Team to produce a technical design solution that meets the customer’s best needs and adds value to both the application and the relationship.
Support of Sales
• Review provided criteria and existing integration technology for best new design results.
• Perform evaluations to guarantee detailed design criteria is not overlooked.
• Be resourceful in the use of existing data and as build information for effective planning.
• Generate the minimum amount of design documents needed to best support the message in the proposal.
• Develop well-structured and descriptive scopes of work that best explain how the design completely fulfills the customer’s needs.
• Design and compile pricing proposal which has strong content for a complete and accurate system.
• Represent the delivery concept and technical fulfillment at a comprehensive level at each engagement.
• Promote Centric Selling.
• Set up and run peer checks, P&L reviews and support capture meetings.
• Develop drawings for proposals and delivery.
• Provide technical sales support and application design of Low Current & Security Systems, services & solutions and support sales representatives in the field or meeting.
• Design and prepare bill of quantities for comprehensive Low Current & Security Systems for residential business, commercial & industrial clients, etc.
• Provide expert level technical design.
• Plan, design &/or engineer Low Current & Security Systems.
• Provide guidance, direction and assistance in the resolution of customer issues, presales & engineers.
• Contribute to Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) and Requests for Information (RFI’s) responses.
• Build, maintain and enhance customer relationships as applicable.
• Ensure complete customer satisfaction which should result from proficient design and honest commitment.
• Check design compatibility/fitness of proposal for Low Current & Security Systems.
• Preparing Technical submittals for projects designed and support if required in team members technical submittals.
• Sustain positive team work environment when required.
• Site surveys are conducted by project/Engineering department but if attendance is required same must be guaranteed.
• Contact vendor and manufacturer and follow up on requested quotes and designs.
• Fully responsible on Bill of quantity and proposals prepared.
Channel & Manufacturers
• Obtain vendor certifications
• Meet with vendor reps to develop a relationship for technical unity, best-selling practices, competitive pricing schemes, the latest in innovation and marketplace direction
• Register opportunities to strengthen the obligation of commitment and for price guarantees
• Attend and support trade events
• Exchange lead information
• Subject matter expert – support technical requirements and training during implementation phase
• Project margin, material cost savings, implementation time savings, strong handoff content
Qualification and Skills
• Degree in Electrical/Computer/Electronics/Telecoms Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 3 years of experience specific to the job responsibilities
• 3 years estimating technical projects with proven track record of successful and profitable project completion for medium to large size companies.
• Experience in Converged Technologies such as AV, CCTV, Access Control/Security
• Independent, self-driven, highly customer focused and able to work under minimum supervision
• Working knowledge in low current, security and audio-visual solutions is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills, presentation skills & interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Windows, Office applications and English Language.
• Self-motivated, resourceful, sales oriented and result driven with knowledge of customer relationship management and strong drive to achieve sales target.
• Proven sales track record in achieving results within the low-current industry.
• Have sound business and technical knowledge of the security and audio-visual technology industry. Candidates with existing contacts or established customer base will have added advantage
• Ability to influence and persuade with great flexibility
• High-energy personality with go-getter attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic industry.
• Management reports on time