The main responsibility of idc manger is to support the diagnostic and clinical departments through his other support staff & hardware, for smooth and uninterrupted services to patients. He manages man, money, material and management and is responsible to plan, organize, control and direct. The responsibilities as manger at IDC can be well understood by following.
2. Operational Sections
A. Front Desk / Reception:-
- All Reception / Front Desk Staff is to be managed by Operations Manager.
- Staff Roster is responsibility of Operations Manager. The Management will supply with ample Human Resources for the Front Desk.
- Telephone exchange is also responsibility of the Operations and exchange person should be handling calls, appointments, and preparation before tests / procedures, confirmation of appointments and distributing to destination.
- The Front Desk should be Tidy and without any sign of poor housekeeping, The Caretakers will ensure it through housekeeping staff. Caretakers are directly responsible for the Cleanliness of the IDC and all its departments. A disciplinary action will be taken if they fail to do so. Since there is lot of glass involved in IDC. The Glass should be clean along with floor, chairs, frames, fixtures, tables, Light holders, Brochure holders etc. There should be a pleasant fragrance in Reception area. The washrooms should be dry and odor free.
- The Appointments will be given on the phone, in person or by referral to the patients for MRI, CT, USG, USG guided Biopsy, Fluoroscopic Procedures, Echo, FNAC etc. The appointments should be monitored by the Manager and a fair distribution is to be ensured by the manager through the staff as advised by the Management. Common mistakes should be avoided like overlapping appointments etc.
- Special Executive packages are a novelty of IDC. The whole procedure will be supervised by manager personally and manager will take over the packages from the LAB (once all results are completed and compiled) and accordingly will hand it over to the staff for appointment and handing over to the patients.
- All Panel Slips will be scrutinized by the manager and will be handed over to accounts for billing purposes on daily basis.
- Balance payment if asked by the patient needs to be endorsed by the manager and he will make sure that the report is not delivered to patient without recovery of balance and balance clearance will be manager Ops, responsibility.
- If a patient from our enlisted panel comes and requests the pending slip, then the manger reserves the right to pend the slip against service card or security amount, which will be returned upon handing over of the slip.
- Panels attached with IDC carry special rates on presenting of their ID’s / Panel Slips. This varies from case to case, few are on percentage discounts and few are on special rates. Please go through all the penal files to familiarize with panels and their cash and credit requirements. (Accounts office)
11. A Daily round will be carried out by the Manager as advised by the CEO. It has got a comprehensive list of things to be done and observations as well. It is also updated by the manager as new rooms and new sections are added up.
12. The Reception Air-conditions and Heaters should be working properly according to the prevailing weather conditions. These things should also be given top priority. All the related contacts are in the Managers Diary and with the caretakers as well.
- The turnout should be excellent at the reception. The staff should have proper office attire and be presentable with a hospitable smile. The staff should be on time and mark their attendance in the Biometric Device in IDC which is used at the end of the month to poll the attendance and get the Sheets for Scrutiny. An employee if late for more than 03 days for 10 minutes, one day salary will be deducted from the monthly payroll and all accumulated amounts of fine will be distributed amongst those who are well disciplined.
- The Registration team will hand over cash to the manager on duty for safekeeping (in electronic safe at Manager’s Office) and forwarding it to the accounts or bank as advised by CEO / Executive Director.
- The Computers, Telephone, Credit Card Machines, Token vending machine, photocopier, Bar Code Printers, Bar Code Scanners, Fake Note Detector, Stationary, Camera for Medicals and UPS for power to all the devices should be in order and if any single thing is out of order, it should be made in order as soon as possible.
- All service provider companies and their contact person are also listed in the managers diary and it has got, Electric works, HVAC works, Masonry Works, Plumbing works, Glass work, PABX exchange engineers, MRI Engineers, CT Engineers, X-ray Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Security services, Software Development services, connectivity solution services etc.
A close liaison and communication and general support is to be given by the operations manager for smooth functioning.
C. Imaging / Radiology Section:
- All Imaging Staff is under Operations Manager.
- Staff Roster (including MT’s) is responsibility of Radiology Supervisor with consent of Manager for approval. The Management will supply with ample Human Resources for the Radiology section. (Annexure III)
- The Radiology should be Tidy and without any sign of poor housekeeping, The Caretakers will ensure through housekeeping staff. All the machines will be dusted daily by the Imaging Staff. Caretakers are directly responsible for the Cleanliness of the IDC and all its departments. There should be a pleasant fragrance in Radiology area. The washrooms should be dry and odor free.
- A Daily visit will be carried out by the Manager on given days and as advised by the CEO. It has got a comprehensive list of things to do and observations as well. It is also updated by the manager as new rooms and new sections are added up.
- The Imaging Airconditiors and Heaters should be working properly according to the prevailing weather conditions. These things should also be given top priority. The Imaging machines are temperature sensitive and can go out of order if proper temperature is not provided.
- The turnout should be excellent at the Radiology. The staff should have proper office attire and be presentable with a hospitable smile. The staff should be on time and mark their attendance in the Biometric Device. An employee if late for more than 03 days for 10 minutes, one day salary will be deducted from the monthly payroll.
- The MRI Machine, CT Scan, X-ray Ground Floor, X-ray first Floor, OPG, Mammography, DEXA scan, Ultrasound Machines (Ground Floor, 1st Floor and 3rd Floor), Telephone, thermal Printers, Laser printers, PACS system, CD writing system, CR system (ground and 1st Floor), DR System, Stationary, UPS for power to all the machines should be in order and if any single thing is out of order, it should be made in order as soon as possible.
- All service provider companies and their contact person are also listed in the managers diary and it has got, Electric works, HVAC works, Masonry Works, Plumbing works, Glass work, MRI Engineers, CT Engineers, X-ray Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Security services, Software Development services, connectivity solution services etc.(Above mentioned as well)
- Casual Leaves are 1.5 per month but subject to prior sanctioning and recommendation by the Manager and Director as well. For more than 06 days the sanctioning will be with CEO.
- Please get the contrast SOPs and other SOPs from manger office during handing taking over.
- Manager operations will facilitate a working relationship with LAB Department and with Lab Manager and Director Lab. If they require anything or any issue arises in their department, operations manager will assist them in having their issue settled.
- Accounts and Billing Department will also be working in coordination with Operations manager. Balance Due and Slips Pending lists will be issued on daily basis from the accounts office.
- All deductions, event sheet outcomes, Overtime and Bonuses will be communicated to Accounts office for prompt payment / deduction before the 5th of every month.
- Prioritize any urgent procurement with the help of IDC stores to cater for the needs of the department, IDC stores will make it sure that all consumables are in ample quantity and ready for usage. Manager on duty will approve daily demands which are pertinent to the IDC stores.
- Close Liaison with Embassies and diplomatic missions will be made by manager to streamline patients and priority processing.
- Patient Complaint System
- To assist management representation towards the implementation of Quality Management System
- ISC-I and ISC-II will also come under manager’s domain and will be treated as front desk of IDC.
- It is duty of the manager to restrict and avoid any misuse of property of IDC.
- IDC has indigenous power supply in case of power outage. The Gensets should always be filled up and properly maintained. The Engineers’ contact details are also in generator file. The Fuel is brought by caretakers with Fleet card which is in the custody of manager. A Log book for record keeping and scrutiny is maintained and verified on monthly basis before forwarding the bills for payment.
- Coordination between All the branches and POPs to ascertain their issues, demands and complaints and remedies / solutions for the aforementioned. (e.g. WAH CT reports should be done before noon everyday)
- All Complains and service issue will be reported to manager and will be dealt with utmost priority and may need system amendments for recurrence.
E. Caretakers team and the Janitorial
The managers in a medical set up are supposed to stay more in main reception area where most of the patients are visiting and they are the supposed to be the best person to whom all staff from all departments can look for any problem. In IDC the manger room is kept very close to reception are where patients come for registration, phlebotomy, report delivery and appointments. In addition the patients and their attendants wait in the waiting area. The patients and the staff expect that mangers at IDC will have instant solution or decision for any problem. It’s more of a social job from patient’s point of view and more of organizer and planner from administration standpoint.