The District Immunization Officer (DIO) will work to ensure the implementation of immunization activities at the district(s) level for the MCHIP Sindh Project. The DIO will be responsible for working with the Provincial Immunization Manager (PIM) and Provincial Immunization Officer (PIO) to meet MCHIP project and work plan objectives. The District Immunization Officer will report to the Provincial Immunization Manager. The PIM will share information to the MCHIP Technical Lead who will ensure coordination among them (PIM, PIO and DIOs) to strengthen the immunization program in the selected districts.
- Provide technical support to MCHIP district teams in managing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating MCHIP district immunization activities.
- Participate with immunization working groups and ongoing coordination with stakeholders in the district;
- Coordinate with partner organizations and key stakeholders to plan and implement immunization strategies as per MCHIP mandate.
- Work with the community to ensure that immunization interventions are responding to target population in the district(s) and have full participation of the community.
- Develop/Adapt training/orientation packages on immunization for facility providers as needed.
- Organize training/refresher/orientation on immunization for different category of staffs for both public and private facility staffs.
- Assist the LHW-Mother Support Groups in the community to track the defaulters for ensuring full series of vaccination and retention of vaccination card.
- Coordinate with public, private or donor organizations at district level to forecast the vaccine requirement and assist in getting regular supply of vaccine and logistics as per requirement.
- Work with the public sector to assess the requirement of cold and dry storage capacity at facility level and coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure the availability of sufficient cold chain equipment (ILR, Cold box, Vaccine Carrier etc.) at all level.
- Prepare and maintain immunization training database in the district.
- Ensure collection, compilation, analysis, and regular feedback of vaccination coverage at facility level.
- Plan and make regular supervision of facility and EPI outreach site with the checklist and also conduct household survey for monitoring purpose.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on immunizations interventions.
- MBBS, with experience in immunization program.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of public health programs at the district level. Prior experience of working with INGO will be preferred.
- Demonstrated management, planning and supervisory skills.
- Experience building staff capacity, working in a team, and working with private and public sector partners, particularly government partners in service delivery.
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and operationally;
- Strong advocacy skills.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. Urdu and Sindh speaking skills required.
- Computer literacy in word processing, and spreadsheet software packages.
- Ability to travel within the district(s) up to 50% of time.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer