In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Critical Care Nurses include:
1. Provides patient care in ICU/CCU unit.
2. Monitors patient’s vital signs and notified attending physicians changes, assisted physicians with emergent situations.
3. Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
4. Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
5. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy.
5. Administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse Provides basic, bedside care Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by the physician.
6. Records patients’ medical information and vital signs Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
7. Takes samples for lab work, orders prescribed lab work and evaluates/interprets lab reports.
8. Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
9. Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
10. Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
11. Applies Hemodynamic, Phlebotomy and IV protocols.
12. Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronically.
13. Displays, such as central venous pressures, pulmonary artery pressures, and cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators, ventilators, manometers, oxygen pumps, etc.
14. Provided assessment and interventions in emergent situations, including cardiac and respiratory arrest, and followed ACLS protocols.
KHAIR KHWA MEDICAL COMPLEX (KMC) with complete medical service package is functioning 24/7. To provide the best health services that the citizen of Afghanistan deserve. Delivering a full medical service in Kabul Afghanistan has been a top priority of KMC administration. KMC has innovated a design that provides a state-of-the-art healing environment for all patients. We make sure to be a complete medical complex to ensure the citizens to receive quality and timely health care in our own city and country. KMC the multi – specialty focus on Cardiology Super Specialty practice is providing to the patients with greater coordination of care and increases access to primary care physicians, specialists and preventive health screening with modern technology in one Central location. KMC is on the forefront of a growing trend toward the patient–centered medical home, a model of care that focuses on providing patient care in a team-based environment.