Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To be stationed on-campus during study hours to troubleshoot when needed.
2. Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines of LACAS.
3. To do the required typing of notices and papers for the academic staff.
4. Maintain and update information regarding the campus on social media platform(s) of LACAS.
5. Create ease for students and teachers in the campus computer labs, by installing user-friendly software technology.
6. To oversee the assembly of IT equipment and computer systems on campus.
7. To check all network systems and services on daily basis; turning on and turning off systems and server at check-in and check-out timings.
8. Configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers etc.
9. Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
10. Identify computer or network equipment shortages, malfunctioning, and pass requisition for order placement and repair well in time.
11. Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
12. Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
13. Collect data and personal information from teachers and staff for school ID cards.
Lahore College of Arts & Sciences (LACAS) was established in 1987. Classes began in January 1988. Within three months, LACAS was referred to in the national daily Dawn as a center of (educational) excellence. In its 22 years LACAS has more than justified this praise. It was the first co-educational institution to offer A-Level classes. By this pioneering effort the girls of Lahore for the first time got the option of taking the A-Level examinations. Over the years many LACAS students have been declared High Achievers by the University of Cambridge for their outstanding performance in the O-level and A-level examinations. These examinations provide a standard that is recognized internationally and have opened doors of prestigious universities in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Pakistan to our alumni. However it is not just the O-Level and A-Level degrees that provide great opportunity to our students; of equal importance are the extra and co curricular activities for which LACAS is well known. Our students have been selected to represent Pakistan in international competitions and events including the International Physics Olympiad held in Turkey and Taiwan, the conference for Peace between Pakistan and India held in Singapore and conferences on child exploitation and HIV awareness held in Nepal. A LACAS student was also selected to represent Pakistan in the United Nations General Assembly (Special Session) on children in New York. LACAS students have always been part of the five member national team sent to participate in the World School Debates Competition where they have won recognition for their analytical and discursive skills. In 2006 one of our A-Level students was declared the third best speaker in the world. In 2007 the Pakistan team was declared the third best among non English speaking teams. The LACAS team member was again recognized as one of the best speakers at the tournament. LACAS was the pioneer in reviving the tradition of Annual Plays in