A fledgling DevOps Engineer who loves challenges, has a thirst for knowledge and is excited to learn! You will be responsible for the technical infrastructure and deployment of various enterprise level multi-tenant SaaS solutions. The primary focus of this position is to ensure our applications stay running while thinking of new ways to improve processes.
This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level. Your duties include, but are not limited to designing, building and maintaining cloud environments; focusing on uptime, access control and network security using automation and configuration management tools.
Responsibilities include installation, configuration and administration of:
Maintaining mission critical day-to-day operations of the production processing platform and internal company resources including but not limited to:
- Windows and Linux servers
- Powershell, Python, Bash scripting
- IIS, Apache and Tomcat
- Application code deployment to Dev, Staging, Production environments using Git
- Amazon Web Services (ec2, VPCs, WAF, RDS, etc..)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and DNS servers
- Backup and Monitoring Servers
- Configuration management – Chef preferred
- Continuous build and integration environments
- General network administration and troubleshooting
- System administration, automation, scripting and documentation
- Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles
- System, Application and Network monitoring
- Occasional after-hours maintenance
- Additionally, this position has direct responsibility for analyzing network and system performance and evaluating new tools and systems.
You will need to generate detailed technical notes and propagate the internal knowledge-base with information.You should possess some knowledge of software configuration, hardware maintenance and access control management.
- Experience in IT field including but not limited to network design and installation, server management and security, understanding of Windows and Linux deployment and support.
- Knowledge of Networks (WAN, LAN, VPN, Routing)
- Experience dealing with high uptime environments.
- Knowledge of hardening the Windows and Linux Operating Systems and closing security vulnerabilities associated with Internet facing servers.
- Candidate should have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Preferred Experience 4-year degree in Information Technology or similar field Knowledge of application code release management, and automation. Ability to build, manage, and troubleshoot Webserver and deployment related issues.
- Configuration management and deployment automation.
- AWS and Chef. Knowledge in network/security support, TCP/IP networking hardware, protocols, and LAN configuration, knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and security architectures.
- Experience in Firewall, VPN, ACL, IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/?Prevention) and DOS (Denial of Service). Experience with implementation, configuration and management of networks.