Microview Securities currently has an opening for a Security System Engineer specializing in physical security systems with Telecom/Network experience and knowledge, to support a projects across the globe. The role will include providing technical design for the Security Systems with a special focus on large scale integrated security system being designed, developed and installed in projects across the globe. To supervise subordinates and ensure that work is carried out in a competent and timely manner. The successful candidate will have a minimum bachelor's degree in electronics/industrial and having 8 years of experience in the security industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To provide Security system and associated telecom/networking infrastructure designs and specifications to relevant National and International Standards
• To research, design and implement security systems, in accordance with relevant statutes and codes and to do so in accordance with industry best practice and the Group Quality Assurance Systems.
• Act as the physical security specialist technical liaison with the implementation team. Also, support other disciplines of the project in various project office locations.
• Produce high level and detailed design & technical documentation, including CAD drawing review and development. Including construction documentation.
• Input into the functional, performance and operational system specifications.
• To be responsible and accountable for the proposed integrated technical solutions design across various subcontractors and subsystem solutions.
• Support the Design Team Lead in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist and be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project in a concise legible reporting format.
• Ensure that all project specifications are implemented in the technical solution and are compatible with the project's overall architecture including structured cabling. Identify any and all compliance issues with recommended resolution options.
• Meet and discuss with client, end-users and other stakeholders, on the security systems and associated networking infrastructure for the project design.
• Research and disseminate knowledge of existing, new and proposed products and services available within the Security market place.
• Develop professional relationships with the client by demonstrating an understanding of their business and their technology requirements and achieving reliable, timely and high-quality delivery.
• Broad knowledge of the following technologies: CCTV, IP video, Intelligent Video, video storage & archiving, command/control display technologies and general Security system principles and practices.
• Good knowledge of technical infrastructure and integration technologies to include power, UPS, networking, communications,
• Experience of design and implementation of large scale integrated security systems and complex projects.
• Demonstrate experience in the design, procurement and application of IT/security solutions/techniques in a commercial and/or law enforcement environment.
• Network experience to include WAN, LAN, firewall, network switch technologies and video transmission on IP networks.
• Ability to quickly develop professional and trusted relationships with a variety of cultures and clients.
• Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently.
• Good working knowledge of – and interest in – all areas of Security Design and Requirements.
• High level of self motivation and an ability to work with a high level of initiative and limited supervision, in high pressure situations.
• Strong team player who can communicate, motivate and interact effectively with technical, commercial and clerical team-members.
• Production of Construction and O & M documentation.
• Reasonable degree of IT Literacy – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint MS Project.
• Carry out any reasonable request relating to job scope.
• Security systems experience.
• Qualified to Degree level or equivalent.
Salary: 35k - 75k PKR