The chief financial officer is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are: Planning:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the Chief Executive Officer
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Candidate must be a Qualified Chartered Accountant with post qualification experience of 8-10 years.
Ability to meet timelines and make decisions in best interest of the Company.
Candidates with experience of handling organization with multiple retail sale outlets or experience in managing turnover above 40-50 billion would be highly preferable.