As a WordPress Developer, you're responsible for Making Stuff Go. You will build infrastructure to create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
You will primarily be working in our product team.
Interested? See "How to Apply" below to learn more before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact thousands of users.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers, and you don't take critical feedback personally.
- You're happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Triaging bugs and small enhancements that come into GitHub.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and add-ons.
- Refactoring legacy code with a particular attention to backwards compatibility.
- Providing feedback and peer review for other developers (Github PRs).
- When tickets are escalated, debug customer issues in our help desk.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms or related APIs (WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, traits, interfaces, etc).
- String familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Stripe, MailChimp, Zapier, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
Bonus points if you also have:
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Oslo, Norway.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!