NovusAltair.com is the UK-based ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 certified and SIA (ACS) approved provider of professional Security Services. The company also provides IT and R&D solutions to a range of businesses.
- With annual sales growing steadily year-on-year we are stepping into the future strong and confident.
- Our R & D team is outstanding having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry.
- We envisage to see ourselves as a world-class service provider in the near future.
- Towards reaching our business goals we are establishing a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which will work very closely with the London head office.
- As such we are looking for a Lead Mobile developer who has a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications.
- The job role requires carrying out all mobile development activities where work will be closely lined up with project manager and product owner for all assigned projects.
- Chosen candidate will be involved fully to determine project technical assessment, technical design and continual improvement activities.
- As a “Lead Mobile App Developer”, you will own the end to end delivery of mobile applications.
- Experience in leading other developers to produce desired software.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to develop fully working, tested and deployed software.
- Design, develop and control system architecture by utilizing your skills and expertise and by directing your team efficiently.
- Communicate progress daily and be clear what help you need and can offer to others.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android platform.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- An effective team player with the ability to work on his own initiative in order to achieve urgent deadlines. Thrives in any busy fast-moving work environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to work comfortably under pressure in order to get a job done.
- As a member of the Scrum team, participate in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Adhere to best practices and coding standards in all development projects.
- Respond well to training in new subjects and strive to respond correctly “first time” to the constant challenge of change.
- Takes ownership for resolving domain-specific related problems, which directly or indirectly impact on operational services or development activities.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3+ years professional experience working as iOS & Android developer in software house.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as an iOS & Android developer in a software house
Background, skills, and experience
- Object-Oriented Programming experience with Swift 5.0 and Objective-C
- Working experience with Kotlin is required.
- Experience in developing UIs for different screen dimensions
- Experience working with Google firebase & iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Good understanding of Create/Consume Web Services
- Solid understanding of Web Service standards (JSON, REST, etc).
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs. Complete integration knowledge of Google APIs, especially Google location-based service APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- The solid command in Java programming with the flexibility to work with Android SDK.
- Good understanding of app publishing on Google Play & Apple Store. Must have published at least two original Android apps & iOS Apps on the Play Store and Apple Store.
- Good understanding of Create/Consume Web Services.
- Experience with backend & Frontend development.
Evidence of background, qualifications, skills and experience will be assessed against your application and references provided.
Personal qualities will be assessed against references and your performance at interview.