Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five years USAID funded project starting June 2013 with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The goal will be supported by three interrelated components including improved classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading and community based support for reading in Pakistan. The anticipated results include 23,800 teachers in 23,800 public schools with improved skills in teaching reading,3,649 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students, mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities.
IT Intern will be responsible to assist IT Department in daily IT support calls.
• Ensure PRP IT policies and procedures are adhered.
• Provide Support on IT equipments installed at office premises and resolve software and related problem.
• Operating system installations when directed by supervisor.
• Maintain helpdesk phone calls, email, register at all times for accurate reporting
• Provide support with multimedia if assigned to staff meetings.
• Provide afterhours support as needed
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IT Manager
Position directly supervises:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Primary Coordination
External: List stakeholders
• Diploma / Degree in Information Technology
• Fresh graduate or preferably 1 Yr work experience.
• Office Automation courses will be considered as added advantage
• Knowledge routine IT equipment.
• MS Outlook & MS Office
• Experience installing, configuring and managing office equipment like Printers & Scanners etc.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds from floor to a standard desktop.
Commitment to succeed
Language and Computer Skills:
• Urdu & English
Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is a USAID funded project to improve the quality of reading in public and private schools across Pakistan, supporting at least 2.5 million additional primary school students to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level. This goal will be supporte ...مزید پڑھیں