Pegasus Mortgages Lending Center is a multi-national mortgage brokerage with offices in Toronto, Canada, and Miami, USA. We work with a variety of banks, professional associations, and alternative and private lenders.
Our culture emphasizes learning and innovation by providing intensive training programs, seminars, and workshops where we will provide you with the skills and knowledge for you to succeed with ongoing mentorship and training from the leadership team. We continuously invest in your growth and development every step of the way. We are seeking an experienced mortgage underwriter with experience in a full mortgage loan life cycle including loan processing. Join us at Pegasus Mortgage Lending Center and let’s make you successful in your career in underwriting.
This is a complete work from home international work opportunity. You will be required to work from 9:00 am to 6:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time), Monday to Friday. You will be required to commit extra work hours depending on the workload to ensure project timelines are met. Holidays are granted based on Canadian scheduled holidays.
Review the job description below in detail before applying.
Only successful and qualified candidates will be contacted.
You will report to the Underwriting Manager and will be responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applications from our Mortgage Brokers and Third-Party Loan Originators (TPO). The Underwriter will be responsible to apply due diligence when reviewing required documentation to ensure accuracy and to protect the Company from risk. You will also be responsible to provide professional advice to our Mortgage Brokers and TPOs in a fast but efficient manner.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Initial Underwriting of All mortgage transactions and supporting documents as per checklists established
- Ensures due diligence has been completed before signing off on any mortgage conditions or documents, where applicable
- Prepares and issues mortgage commitments and other Pegasus documents with appropriate conditions within established service level agreements/turnaround times
- Prioritizes applications and workflow to ensure consistent and sound risk assessments are maintained while managing high volumes and a continued focus on service excellence
- Verify information on the application and with the Credit Bureau to ensure accuracy
- Verify information to make sure it meets company guidelines and external lender guidelines/insurer (FHA, CMHC, & Genworth)
- Adjudicate information presented and address any discrepancies or inconsistencies
- Verify data viewed to ensure it meets company guidelines
- Document the deal to support a recommendation for approval
- Condition the deal by the recommendation for approval
- Ensure daily follow up is conducted with lenders during the underwriting phase
- Communicating with agents/brokers regarding deals during office hours
- Documenting all interactions
- Ensure multiple options are offered to agents
- Audit and Compliance Review of all mortgage transactions
- Staying knowledgeable about emerging issues, evolving regulations, and industry codes of conduct as well as participating in process improvement opportunities to protect the interests of the organization
- Staying current with the latest industry knowledge, competition, and market trends
- Strive to achieve and improve service level agreements and productivity targets
- Ensure documents are prepared consistent with relevant regulations and in a way properly reflecting business intentions
- Participate fully as a team member, help build a positive and diverse work environment, willingly assist and mentor others in the completion of work activities, and address communication issues efficiently
· 4-year post-secondary diploma or degree in Finance, or related field
- MBA an Asset
- 5 years of work experience in Banking, Credit, and/or Investments
- 5 years of experience in underwriting of income analysis, credit analysis, purchase/sale documents, downpayment analysis, escrow/title analysis, and document preparation
- Working experience with FHA, VA, Conventional Loans an Asset
- Working knowledge and experience of LOS systems, DU, and LP AUS systems as an Asset
- 3-4 years of work experience in a Customer Service Environment, particularly in dealing with Mortgage Brokers and Third-Party Originators
- Sound knowledge of advanced credit processes, finance, and banking solutions, and concepts to provide personalized advice to customers in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in software tools including MS Office, CRM, cloud-based work environments, and internet applications
- Tactful communicator able to exchange ideas and customer information in a concise and logical way
- A self-initiator with strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- A desktop workstation based on our specifications with 2 hours of battery backup
- A headset microphones
- Internet with backup power
- Electricity backup (Ups/Generator/Others)
- Dedicated area/separate room for work
- Compensation: 60,000-90,000 PKR
- Final Salary to be determined based on experience, certifications, and qualifications
If you are qualified for this position, please email us your resume with a cover letter as per above.