As can be seen from my enclosed profile, I am an experienced and equally qualified health sector project management professional. I have a Master's degree in Health Sciences along with over ten years experience of working in Health sector project management with leading national and international development agencies, Academia, Government line departments and UN Agencies including World Health Organization (WHO) in Karachi and GIlgit-Baltistan, Pakistan. I have received my early education from the prestigious Aga Khan Girls Academy Karimabad Hunza and higher education in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Aga Khan University Karachi, in Population Health Sciences from Karachi University, Karachi and in Project Management from COMSAT University Islamabad, Pakistan.
Currently I am working with WHO as a Polio Eradication Officer in Karachi Pakistan wherein I am responsible for all the polio eradication activities including Routine Immunization (RI), AFP Surveillance, Supplemental Immunization Activities (SIA) and Mop-up Campaign initially in the District East Gadap Town than later on in Malir district Karachi. So far I have actively participated in 21 campaigns (SIAs) in Super High Risk UCs in Karachi. These include 8 NIDs, 10 SNIDs, 2 Measles Campaigns and 1 IPV Campaign. These field staff include, 624 Team members, 312 Teams, 37 Supervisors, 15 TTSPs, 11 RSPs, 34 CSPs, 7 Vaccinators, 7 UCPOs, 15 UCCSOs, 10 UCMOs, 25 PTP Workers and 3 PPT Supervisors. Furthermore, I have managed over 1100 field staff to cover on the average 81273 children in each campaign in Gadap Town. Moreover, I have had the great privilege to manage 258 staff to cover over on the average 34,370 children in each campaign in Malir Town, Karachi.
My experiences comprises of project management with special focus on research based intervention, community engagement and social mobilization regarding Extended Program on Immunization (EPI), Behavior Change Communication (BCC), Maternal and Neonatal Child Health Services (MNCHS), Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FPRH) including Preconception Counselling (PCC), Birth Preparedness and Complications Readiness Planning (BPCR), Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (ASRHR), Community Based Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (C-IMCI), Infants and Young Feeding Practices (IYFP), Child Sexual Abuse (CSA), Violence Against Women (VAW), Community Health Improvement Programmes (CHIP), School Health Improvement Programme (SHIP) and Whole School Improvement Programmes (WSIP).
I am open to discuss next best opportunity for career progression wherein I have more options, choices and opportunities to leverage my experiences in health sector Project Management with special focus on Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals along with Information Management, Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Research to ensure health promotion and disease prevention for ensuring healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages across Pakistan.
Under the technical supervision of WHO Provincial and Federal Team Leader for polio eradication and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, I am responsible for all the polio eradication activities in the assigned district (s) and undertaking the following duties:
1. Support district health authorities in ensuring that there is a system in place for comprehensive AFP case detection and response.
2. Complement district health authorities / staff efforts to ensure timely investigation of all AFP cases including timely stool collection and transportation and appropriate actions are under taken in response to the surveillance findings.
3. Undertake regular site visits to reporting sites to ensure that no AFP cases are missed/ not reported.
4. Facilitate that all data from AFP cases are properly collected, line-listed, analyzed and interpreted timely; and forwarded to provincial office.
5. Regularly monitor the quality of surveillance data in the district(s) of responsibility.
6. Participate in detailed epidemiological investigations of urgent (hot), confirmed and compatible polio cases and AFP cases with zero routine OPV dose.
7. Participate in training for health care workers on AFP surveillance.
8. Assist in ensuring inclusion of all high risk/ underserved/ migrant population in the Surveillance network and all AFPs are reported from them.
9. Assist with the strengthening of measles and MNT surveillance activities.
Supplemental Polio Vaccination Campaigns (SIA)
1. Provide technical support to pre-campaign activities particularly planning, preparing and monitoring the quality of area level Micro-planning, at the union council, tehsil and districts levels.
2. Monitor the availability of human and material resources and provide necessary support to augment them.
3. Ensure selection of appropriate vaccinators and supervisors according to the guidelines
4. Monitor and support the trainings in the pre-campaign phase;
The Sukh Initiative of Aman Health Care Services is a family planning and maternal health (FP&MH) endeavor of three private Foundations, Aman Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and David and Lucile Packard Foundation. It offers multiple solutions on scale to increase utilization of Family Planning & Reproductive Health (FP&RH) Services through comprehensive community mobilization and effective supportive supervision and monitoring in Sukh Initiative Project Area. For this purpose the project is raising awareness among the served communities for the importance of Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies (HTSP), Post-Partum Family Planning (PPFP), Post-Abortion Care (PAC) and Post-Abortion Family Planning (PAFP) across 1 million population in Karachi.
I am responsible for monitoring and supportive supervision of 10 Health Supervisors and 200 Lady Health Workers under SUKH Initiative that offers multiple solutions on scale to effectively demonstrate increase in modern contraceptive prevalence rate and reduction in unintended pregnancies across 1 million population in Karachi.
1. Planned, implemented, monitored, documented and reported activities related to Health Promotion and Diseases Prevention Component (HP & DP) under Central Asia Health Systems Strengthening (CAHSS) Project.
2. Developed annual HP&DP Plan according to the CAHSS Project Objectives.
3. Ensured the implementation of activities according to the specific objective of CAHSS Project with 8758 population of age group 15-49 in Gilgit, Ghizer, Nagar and Hunza Districts of Gilgit-Baltistan (GB).
4. Strengthened coordination of AKHSP with community based organizations to implement HP&DP activities in the intervention area of CAHSS project.
5. Delivered five trainings on Behavior Change Communication with change agents/stakeholders/Lady health workers who were involved in dissemination of the health messages to the community.
6. Implemented contextualize gender sensitive behavior change communication (BCC) and social mobilization activities through Focus Group Discussions, Corner meetings with stakeholders and organized mass and interpersonal level BCC and social mobilization events.
7. Introduced e-health Initiative and minimizing distances through application of e-health technology at selected basic health centers and linked them with advanced care facilities of AKHSP, Aga Khan University Hospital and Department of Health using e-health resource at Gilgit Medical Center.
8. Developed mechanism for proper utilization of IEC materials in coordination with field teams of AKHSP and LHWS of Government of Pakistan.
9. Worked on Gender equity and Equality by conducting trainings and sessions on “Gender and Health” to ensure Millennium Development Goal 3 i.e. promote Gender equality and Women Empowerment
10. Created Women Based Saving Groups of pregnant and married women reproductive age group (15-49 years) for dealing financial issues related to their reproductive health.
11. Conducted trainings for Change agents/stakeholders/men and women of reproductive age group.
1. Worked on 1st component (Improving partnerships between health facilities and the communities they serve), 2nd component (Increasing appropriate and accessible health care and information from community-based providers) and 3rd component (Integrating promotion of key family practices critical for child health and nutrition) of Integrated Management of Childhood illness (IMCI).
2. Mobilized Communities for emerging health issues in 23 health facilities of Hunza, Nagar and Gilgit District regarding Maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
3. Organized, arranged and conducted Health Education Awareness Sessions in catchment population of health facilities on Reproductive Health (RH), Reproductive Health and Rights (RH &R), sexual and reproductive health rights (S & RHR), sexually transmitted Infections (STIs), Human Rights, Women Rights, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Menstrual cycle disorders, Child Abuse, puberty changes and adolescence issues, Gender Equity and Equality, Gender based Violence (GBV), Nutritional disorder, healthy diets, Stress management, Immunization, Communicable diseases, Non communicable disease, Infant Young Breast Feeding Practices (IYBFP), Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI), Diarrhea, Cardio vascular diseases, Breast Cancer, TB, Balance Diet, Birth Preparedness and Complications Readiness Plan, Preconception Counselling etc.
4. Organized and arranged Medical Camps and sessions to improving case management skills of health-care staff and improving overall health systems.
5. Formed Health Support Groups, conducted monthly meetings and follow up meetings with Health Support Groups to improving family and community health practices.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation of Primary Healthcare (PHC) activities.
7. Reported the performance to District Support Manager about field activities on daily basis.
1. Coordinated with Local Support Organizations (LSOs) for mobilizing communities for education related issues.
2. Administered baseline questionnaires at household level in targeted villages.
3. Assisted Aga Khan Foundation, Pakistan’s Monitoring & Evaluation team in conducting survey.
4. Conducted Focus Group Discussions for the Training Need Assessment of Local Level Intuitions in 104 schools of Gilgit-Baltistan
5. Prepared five training modules for the capacity enhancement for Local Level Intuitions (LLIs) on following:
• Gender mainstreaming
• Communications and networking
• Disabilities and inclusive education
• Good Governance
• Documentation and Report writing
6. Conducted capacity building trainings for 56 LLIs.
7. Monitored achievements and outcomes for Civil Society Resource Centre (CSRC) and other partner activities (whenever required).
8. Reported project progress on monthly basis to Senior Management for corrective actions and measures.
9. Coordinated with Project Coordinator for travel and other logistics.
10. Ensured maintenance and effective utilization of office premises.
1. Formed Peer Educators Groups of male and female youth in Ghizer, Hunza, Gilgit and Skardu districts and conducted trainings for them on Reproductive Health and Rights (RH &R), sexual and reproductive health rights (S & RHR) , Human Rights, Women Rights, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), , Child Abuse, puberty changes and adolescence issues, Gender Equity and Equality, Gender based Violence (GBV)
2. Rendered counseling services to all clients coming for services at Family Health Hospital and offered them an informed choice of available methods.
3. Arranged, organized and conducted medical camps for communities.
4. Provided counseling services on various reproductive health issues.
5. Maintained record for counseling of each client.
6. Fulfilled the responsibility of keeping updated IEC material, /literature for enhancing knowledge of client.
7. Provided Counseling to clients on different Family Planning methods
8. Conducted health education awareness sessions for community, teachers, stakeholders and parents about Reproductive Health (RH), Reproductive Health and Rights (RH &R), sexual and reproductive health rights (S & RHR), sexually transmitted Infections (STIs), Human Rights, Women's Rights, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Menstrual cycle disorders, Child Abuse, puberty changes and adolescence issues, Gender Equity and Equality, Gender based Violence (GBV), Nutritional disorder, healthy diets, Stress management, Immunization, Communicable diseases, Non communicable disease, Infant Young Breast Feeding Practices (IYBFP), Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI), Diarrhea, Cardiovascular diseases, Breast Cancer, TB, Balance Diet, Birth Preparedness and Complications Readiness Plan, Preconception Counselling etc.
9. Monitoring and Evaluation of Youth Peer educators groups.
10. Prepared Monthly, quarterly and yearly performance reports.
1. Provided information related to Typhoid, Prevailing situation of the disease among school aged children, its preventive measures and importance of typhoid vaccines to the school administration during the school survey.
2. Created immediate liaison with the school administrator/ principal to conduct the school survey smoothly.
3. Collected data and record the enquired information using electronic version of questionnaire on Professional Digital Assistances.
4. Rechecked the collected data in Professional Digital Assistances (PDAs) before submission to field supervisor.
1. Worked on Polio Eradication Initiative for the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Sindh.
1. Conduct research survey on Post-Polio campaign and an independent monitoring on Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI).