I am a qualified, dedicated and experienced international humanitarian aid worker, specialising in Coordination , community development program, research, proposal writing, project developing, managing, implementing, administration, community participation, and their capacity building, monitoring, building partnership, documentation, and fundraising with a broad understanding of workable participatory and sustainable development approaches and deep knowledge of project cycle. Skilled in developing formats modules, manuals in various planning/Program sector. I worked from emergency phase to early recovery and then lead to development phase with the different context of IDPs and refugees.
In practical, I utilized my In-depth experience in humanitarian affairs, data collection, management, research and report writing, to ensure all vulnerable communities and those at risk have access to basic services such as: health, education, and WASH and livelihood programs along with the strong academic grounding in social sciences and project management. I possess excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain the big picture while attending to details and logistics. I am an excellent communicator, with an ability to manage large teams of people and remain calm and positive under pressure, especially in what can be difficult or traumatic situations.
My time in Humanitarian sector has seen me plan, implement, evaluate and report on programs that provide both immediate emergency relief and sustainable local development. I have overseen the distribution of essential foods and supplements, coordination of primary health care services, training of program delivery teams, provision of logistical and technical support, and the preparation of funding submissions and grant proposals.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementation of the project in accordance with the donors requirements, MdMs values and guidelines, and with respect to the humanitarian principles advocated by MdM representing MdM with local authorities, and ensuring that the operations deployed are delivering quality health care and other services to the beneficiaries.
Plans, supervises, monitors, and timely implements all program activities with the support of Admin/Finance and Logs in accordance with the plans and directives of the coordination team and the General coordinator
Creates bonds and develop strong networking channels with community stakeholders i.e. beneficiaries, traditional leaders and elders in addition to the local governmental agencies and institutions present in the area of his/her filed site report on a monthly basis to the Field Coordinator the activities related to networking
Responsible for the budget management assigned to the project pilots the proper planning, sizing, and coordination of all financial and material resources related to the project.
Planning Health and DRR integrated project planning (work plan and budget) and field implementation.
Meetings with partners, local and provincial stakeholders (Govt, UN agencies, and beneficiaries) for successful implementation of the project. Manage and monitor the project risks at field and local level and strategize to resolve them in consultation with field coordinator. Prepare and submit programmatic, financial and operational reports on monthly and quarterly basis to finance coordinator, logistic Co, Admin-co and Field Co. Initiating complaint response mechanism, Rapid needs assessment, risk assessment, CBDRM plans and strategic plan. Leading capacity development planning and implementation for MdM staff, partners, community committees and Govt staff. Organize and conduct workshops, seminars and trainings on districts and provincial levels. Development and implementing resource mobilization strategy, DRR strategy, Monitoring framework, CRM, TORs, MOUs, RFQs, procurement policy, and concept papers.
Country strategy, integration of DRR into Health, Health program strategy, establishment of local organizations, Assessment studies, quality and accountability framework, capacity development plan & implementation, proposals, concept notes, situational analysis studies.
• Design and implement community outreach activities with close coordination with community stakeholders, BHU staff and health department.
• Training of community learning workers and community educators to disseminate the messages in community.
• Development, printing of IEC material in line with the requirement of the program and dissemination of the material among the targeted stakeholders.
• Prepare and present monthly & quarterly reports of outreach activities.
• Monitoring visit in order to capture the progress of the program and address any potential challenges in the field
• Develop time to time case studies and lessons learnt in the field.
Developed and promote outreach strategy for MSF.
Developed and maintain a network of contacts among all stakeholders contact list.
Developed Advocacy Strategy and linked with the Health Promotion Activities.
Developed modules and manuals for the Outreach team and CBOs.
Strengthen liaison with Government and International Organizations.
Draft a lobbying points and internal/external reports in relation to main medical- humanitarian concerns while strengthening the integration of humanitarian affairs (analysis, critical reflection, contextual understanding) and
• Responsible for programmatic, management, financial, operational, security, coordination and administrative affairs of the KP program with more than 2 million euros annual portfolio and oversee a team of 60 staff.
• Further role includes overseeing implementation and monitoring of program activities, following project plan and budget in compliance with donor contract and MdM procedures and guidelines. Ensure program (team) is provided with technical support to enforce quality management of activities. External representation with NGO, MDM partner, Donors and local authorities.
Humanitarian program management focused on IDPs, Financial and security management, monitoring and supervision of program implementation.
Developed quality and accountability mechanism along with guidelines and tools, prepare program implementation strategy.
Developed mechanism for procurement, Human resource management, Field Monitoring, working formats, developed program strategy for future program development, continued assessment of evolving humanitarian situation, Donor reporting and liaison, Coordination government authorities, UN and community.
Designed, submitted and received 2 projects 1 from German MOFA 2nd one from ECHO, prepared concepts notes for ECHO, EU.
Developed Overall health and hygiene strategy for KP team and also linked the CBO developed by the MdM field staff with Social welfare department.
Developed Manual and modules for designed Trainings of the CBOs and Social mobilizers and health and hygiene Promoters.
Responsible for supporting and coordinating timely and high-quality program implementation, with a specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program. Also supports the operations and program teams in the field site, ensuring that the Deputy Director of Operations is kept abreast of issues regarding adherence to agreed work plans and reporting schedules as well as full compliance to IRC’s policies in the areas of Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Security, ICT..
• Initiate and develop an Annual strategic plan for the Field Location and Kampala operational plan to support the program activities and scale up programming.
• Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of all constructions in the field site, by providing constructive support to the Supply Chain, to maintain quality and adherence to OPM and district standards;
• In close collaboration with the Program Managers, Supply Chain and Finance Officers, review the operations master budget, to include key operational activities and assets within donor requirements;
• Review the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments;
• Review appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by operations staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of progress against established work plans and BoQs), maintaining quality;
• In close collaboration with the Country M&E Manager, initiate the process of identifying gaps in M & E systems and make recommendations for improvements;
• Monitor that all project activities are consistent with established best practices and IRC’s Program Framework principles.
Safety and Security Management
• Monitor all staff in the field sites to know and understand IRC‘s security regulations;
• Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Senior Field Coordinator and DDO;
• Lead the assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activities in affected community in line with the needs of community, projects target and schedule.
Worked with WVI for management of WATSAN projects funded by UNICEF with mainly focused on management of project implementation, project office, coordination with authorities, monitoring and supervision of capacity building activities, financial management, contracts management of contractor for construction work, developed multiple training manuals for SMCs, teachers and community groups and developed community mobilization strategy for health and hygiene promotion