We are looking for a Project Support Officer (for the period of 6 months) who will provide administrative and program/project assistance to the project team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Provide program/project assistance in development of communications/ advocacy strategies and materials e.g. documentaries, IEC, and other communication/ advocacy material.
- Provide administrative support to communication and programs teams
- Assist technical staff with planning, logistics and hosting project events.
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Maintain and upgrade records of media coverage and other databases for project activities.
- Facilitate effective internal communications.
- Maintain calendars and appointments.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
QUALIFICATION, EXPEREINCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations/development, or a related field.
- Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management preferred
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to do multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities
- Excellence in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to details