iOS Software Engineers research, design, test, implement, and maintain iOS applications to meet client needs. They use a Objective-C/Swift languages and various iOS development tools, working in teams with other professionals, or alone. They are expected to work with Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and other project stakeholders to implement application software based on varying levels of written requirements and verbal input. Implementation includes design, coding, unit testing, delivery, and source code management.
- Involved with all phases of mobile app development from initial concepts, through design, development, testing and deployment
- Responsible for development and support of native iOS applications
- Develop and architect iOS applications across multiple releases (Objective C, soon Swift).
- Work within SCRUM agile process with other stakeholders (Product Owners, XD design, Quality Engineers) as well as across organization to balance creative objectives with business needs and technical requirements
- Lead best practices by producing high quality, documented and testable code
- 4+ years overall development experience
- 2+ years of successful experience as a developer for native iOS application(s).
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience in utilizing multi-threading technologies to create highly responsive data intensive applications
- Extensive knowledge of CoreData framework, esp. in multi-threading environments
- Good knowledge on other iOS frameworks, especially for handling Contacts and Media
- Good knowledge with web service architecture, protocols, security and data formats (Ex. REST, OAuth, JSON, etc.) and implementation patterns on iOS platform including both Apple and 3rd party tools/frameworks
- Deep understanding of both manual and ARC memory management practices
- Strong understanding of OS UI guidelines.
- Strong handle of xCode profiling tools
- Nice to have: Experience working with SCRUM and/or Agile development environments
- Nice to have: Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree equivalent.