Responsibilities and Duties
- Data manipulation: Be comfortable in querying large datasets, with the ability to help manipulate and construct the right data structures starting with the end in mind. With an eye for data quality to ensure the rigor of input data going into models.
- Maintenance: Have a good blend of data science with data engineering concepts in order to help monitor and maintenance of model production pipelines, including implementation of error handling and testing of analytics code.
- Stakeholder management: Being able to communicate with different levels of the business and gather their needs
- Storytelling: Ability to translate data science concepts into business language and create a compelling storyline from it
- Data visualization: Work with others to design, deploy and maintain online tools and dashboards to be consumed by different parts of the business
- Data experimentation: Eager to learn and/or challenge existing forecast models and apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques.
Skills & Requirements
- A degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a similar quantitative subject
- A solid understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, regressions, random variables, inference)
- Comfortable with presenting back to technical and non-technical stakeholders through effective data visualization and building of reporting frameworks
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycles, engineering, and machine learning practices (Data pipelines, API workflows, CI/CD deployments, DataOps, MLOps)
You must have at least two years of production-level experience as a DevOps Engineer, Front End, Back End, or a Full Stack Developer.