This position will support the federal EPI Program (while working closely with the respective EPI Project Director/Coordinator) in the implementation of the Government of Pakistan’s National Immunization Support Project (NISP). The overall objective of the NISP is to increase the equitable coverage of services for immunization against vaccine preventable diseases, including polio, for children between 0 to 23 months in Pakistan.
The TFP will support routine immunization (RI) strengthening through provision of technical support to the respective EPI Program with a focus on RI-polio synergy, data analysis and use for planning, decision-making and implementation.
The key tasks expected from this role, include but are not limited to:
Data Management and Analysis for Decision Making:
- Conduct data analysis and support development of implementation recommendations and reports for decision making in RI strengthening.
- Provide technical expertise to support EPI in strengthening data quality, analysis and use for maximizing impact of RI and new vaccine introduction, including:
- Methods to reach under-served populations, starting with zero dose children and non-Fully Immunization Children
- Planning and implementation of concrete interventions in logistics, cold chain, training, capacity building, among other areas
- Monitoring and supervision
- Support the use of data for development, implementation and tracking of.
- RI workplan/micro-plan incorporating and reflecting the engagement of all partners, with specific emphasis on “joint microplanning” between RI and polio.
- RI monitoring and supportive supervision framework
- RI and vaccine introduction evaluations
- Other reviews as needed.
- Build the capacity of relevant EPI staff in data analysis and decision making.
EPI/ PEI Synergy:
- Leverage experience and learnings from PEI/ EPI for mutual benefit of both programs
- Facilitate efforts to harmonize the integration of EPI/ PEI services for essential immunization with a special focus on SHRUCs.
- Identify learnings from development and implementation of SHRUCs plans that can be applied to other key challenging geographies for RI and polio.
SHRUCs Action Plan:
- Facilitate implementation and monitor progress of SHRUCs action plan.
- Provide support ensuring provision of ISD services through the Experimental Dispensaries.
- ·dentify challenges and obstacles in plan implementation and advise relevant stakeholders on key redressal actions.
Coordination & Collaboration:
- Facilitate and ensure coordination of EPI programs such as Gavi HSS program, and World Bank NISP program
- Build linkages with RI Partners including WHO, UNICEF, JSI, AKU, and others
- Develop and present briefing documents, presentations, and briefings to the federal/provincial EPI lead, as and when needed.
- Attend monthly TFP meetings to share updates, lessons learnt and planning for the following month.
- Participate in relevant task teams at respective levels.
- Support and strengthen the one-team approach at respective levels.
Demand Generation & Community Engagement:
- Ensure (federal level) / facilitate integration of EPI content into PMI as well as community engagement initiatives.
- Provide technical support to EPI program/ partners in demand generation and development of IEC material.
- Provide technical support in identification and training of EPI staff in ACSM skills (advocacy, communication, and social mobilization skills).
Note: Female candidates will be preferred.