Under indirect supervision, oversees the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of multifaceted university programs typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms. Oversees fiscal, operational, administrative, and faculty management of the program; serves as principal point of representation and liaison with external stakeholders on operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise. The programs include University of London degree prorgrams alongside LLB, ACCA, HND, IFP and local qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages and oversees the administrative and daily operations of a university program, ensuring compliance with university and HEC regulations.
2. Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
3. Designs and develops or assists with design and development of programs and projects.
4. Provides technical and professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and area of expertise.
5. Oversees and/or coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of activities pertaining to all qualifications being offered by the university
6. Ensure that the learning outcomes of courses are being met and students are provisioned to attain academic excellence.
7. May assist in developing teaching materials, handouts, news releases, pamphlets, and brochures.
8. Assists in establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
9. Collaborates with university departments, programs, projects and/or other external organizations to consolidate resources and enhance programs.
10. Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation and delivery of the programs.